Surety Bond Underwriting Manager
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Donegal Insurance
Donegal Insurance Group is a regional property-casualty insurance company doing business in 26 states, headquartered in Marietta, PA, with 8 regional offices located in Athens, GA, Duluth, GA, Le Mars, IA, Grand Rapids, MI, Albuquerque, NM, Greenville, OH, Glen Allen, VA, and Sheboygan Falls, WI.
Donegal offers a broad range of personal and commercial insurance products sold exclusively through our network of independent agents. We are committed to the independent agency system and proud of the company's heritage, which spans nearly 130 years. Donegals strong financial foundation and successful operating strategies have earned the company a rating of A (Excellent) by the A.M. Best Company, the nations leading insurance rating organization.
Donegal Insurance Group has an opening for a Surety Bond Underwriting Manager to join our Marietta, Pennsylvania office. The Surety Bond Underwriting Manager will work to develop and lead our Surety Bond Underwriting Department. The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of surety underwriting guidelines.
Other duties include:
- Participate in developing and strategic planning for the future of the Surety Bond program
- Partner with internal teams to attain treasury department listing
- Cultivate and manage relationship with bond reinsurer
- Work closely with the legal team when reviewing individual bond contracts
- Develop and maintain crucial relationships with key stakeholders
- Build bond underwriting team and provide leadership, including training and mentoring
- Conduct financial and risk analysis and monitor and report on results
- Minimum 10 years of experience with progressive surety underwriting including both contract surety bonds and commercial surety bonds
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience with growth and success for small to mid-sized accounts
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Incentive Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
Donegal Insurance Group participates in E-Verify in the following states: North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Utah, Arizona, Nebraska, and Louisiana.