Product Manager - IronHealth Programs
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Liberty Mutual Insurance
Advance your Underwriting career at Ironshore, a subsidiary of Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
IronHealth is seeking a product manager for its Programs team. We are seeking an experienced programs leader in the medical professional liability (medical malpractice) and general liability area. IronHealth runs programs in a number of provider areas, including allied health, home health, chiropractors, midwives and psychiatry. We foster underwriter judgment and emphasize local decision-making. This is an excellent opportunity for a hardworking underwriter with programs, medical professional experience, management expertise, confidence, relationship-building and deal orientation.
The ideal person has advanced knowledge of medical professional liability with 10+ years of programs and medical malpractice or related experience. Should possess strong industry contacts and the ability to lead experienced underwriters. Candidate thrives on being a self-starter and able contributing to the advancement of the book of business and the team.
This position leads the P&L of the IronHealth programs book.
The person in this position will be experienced in dealing with this highly technical line of business and its specialized brokers, claims and risk management.Responsibilities:
- Sets strategy for, develops and grows the programs, while running the P&L of the book.
- Develops a team of highly skilled program underwriters. Recruits, trains and leads new staff as necessary.
- Defines the business strategy and plan for the line
- Creates new or modified offerings to the industry
- Handles referrals for new and renewal business for accounts
- Develops and maintains highly effective business relationships with Program Administrators in order to attract, develop/grow and retain profitable business.
- Audits and analyzes the selection, quoting, and issuance of new and renewal business to determine if it is in accordance with current underwriting guidelines.
- Identifies and develops trusted adviser relationships with clients in a variety of Medical Professional Liability program areas
- Co-manages all aspects of onboarding program engagement from planning, communications, resources, risks and issues.
- Assists with development of policy forms, underwriting rates, rules, and guidelines for programs.
- Communicates and collaborates across the organization including Claims, Finance, Underwriting, Actuarial, and Distribution - to provide solutions/recommendations and achieve organizational success.
The individual hired for this position has a solid market reputation with the ability to effectively interact with Program Administrators, brokers and internal departments at all levels in the organization.
At least 3 years of managerial experience of underwriting staff.
The ideal candidate is a highly knowledgeable and disciplined Program Underwriter with experience managing Program risks across multiple risk classes, and with a track record of growing a book of business that performs well over the long term.
Excellent knowledge of commercial insurance coverages, contracts and underwriting guidelines required. A bachelor's degree or equivalent training with 10+ years of meaningful and dynamically more responsible production underwriting experience within the specialty focus of medical malpractice.
Strong communication and influencing skills to build immediate credibility, both internally and externally, an ability to present effectively to a wide range of audiences, and attention to detail.
Ability to negotiate skillfully in tough situations.
Strong work ethic, reliability, consistency and a teammate attitude.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more creative products and services for our customers. Learn more