Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by AAA Automobile Club of Southern California
Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
The purpose of the Education & Training department is to deliver education and training of products, technology, sales skills and processes to both newly appointed and incumbent agency and call center staff. Assist with product and technology introductions to the field and phone centers. The scope of this job requires travel nationwide for up to 2-6 weeks at a time to support our expanding infrastructure. Occasionally some evenings and/or weekend training. Assignments will include development of presentations and online content, conducting web conferences, facilitating classroom training and delivering presentations. The position is located in Costa Mesa, CA.
The individual will be responsible for:
- Educating newly appointed agents and phone center employees in both technical skills and product knowledge primarily in classroom settings. Delivering education to new and incumbent staff.
- Develop, establish and conduct virtual classes via web conference tools. Learn the unique skills necessary to effectively deliver education via this venue. Develop presentations for classroom and web conferences using adult learning methods.
- Consistently update management on progress of new agent development.
- Effectively manage travel and other expenses, completing all monthly reports on time. Check voice mail every day, checking and responding to e-mail in a timely manner and other administrative duties.
- Must have or obtain a Property & Casualty license within 12 months of being appointed to the position.
Intermediate - Creativity: to enhance classroom education and presentation materials.
Intermediate - Must be articulate and utilize proper grammar in daily conversation and development of written materials. Convey pride in work. Maintain professional appearance.
Intermediate - Presentation skills in facilitating classes and leading discussions for both small and very large groups. Also must excel in one-on-one coaching and tutoring.
Intermediate - Demonstrate ability to be a productive member in a team setting.
Advanced - Ability to assimilate new information quickly. Demonstrates initiative to enhance knowledge and skill levels. Does not need to be monitored closely.
Must be willing to relocate for advancement opportunities. Experience in presenting material to diverse groups. Experience in development of education materials. Must be able to learn quickly, keep up with changes and work well on a team. Demonstrate ability in multi-tasking. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at hand. Flexible when priorities and projects suddenly change. Initiative to persevere in pursuit of critical information and in seeing projects through to completion. Sales experience or sales education experience desirable. Customer service orientation essential, customer service experience required. Use of personal vehicle and good driving record required.Computer Proficiency:
- Intermediate PowerPoint.
- Intermediate to Advanced Outlook.
- Basic Excel skills.
- Intermediate Word skills.
- Basic Access skills desired.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- A career with growth potential.
- Our comprehensive and employee centric training facility located in Costa Mesa provides training programs to help employees acquire various skills necessary to do their jobs and to support career development.
- The satisfaction of knowing you provide a meaningful service to our insured's' who rely on you for assistance.
- Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
- Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance, Pension and 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Rewards and Discounts
- Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA federation. With offices across the U.S., we're united by a common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 14,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 16 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being a part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
If you're a 'take charge' individual and want to learn more about what AAA has to offer and how you can make a difference with our members, apply today!
For LA Positions Only: The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
'Creating members for Life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service.'
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE