Compliance Director, Accident & Health
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Liberty Mutual Insurance
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
This is a new position for an expanding line of business and an expanding compliance team dedicated to the accident & health line of business. The qualified candidate will have a unique opportunity to use the knowledge, background, and experience gained in their current and prior positions to participate in a collegial environment that is responsible for expansion of the group accident & health voluntary benefit product lines as well as to shape the development and implementation of compliance programs to oversee the operations of these lines of business. Involvement and oversight begins with the development of products and marketing materials, continues through the marketing of products, underwriting of applicants, handling complaints, and selective participation in the claims process.
Qualified candidates will also be familiar with and provide guidance with respect to regulatory requirements, including state insurance and federal ERISA and tax laws and regulations, and will monitor and analyze legislative and regulatory developments and recommend revisions to processes and procedures as may be needed to meet the changed requirements.
- Partners with product development to explore and analyze product development opportunities, including the drafting and review of policy and other forms and assistance with policy filing and responding to state insurance department reviews and inquiries
- Supports the development of underwriting and claims handling policies and procedures to help assure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Participates in review of non-routine claims and handles appeals from claims decisions and complaints arising from group product line
- Responsible for review of all marketing and training materials, enrollment materials, and websites created for the group product line
- Work with Liberty Mutual Group compliance and ethics area to coordinate activities involving Code of Business Conduct, Privacy, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC
- Work closely with Liberty Mutual Group legal and public affairs departments
- Monitor and review legislative and regulatory developments, analyze impact, and assist with revisions to processes and procedures
- Provide support for negotiations, and assist in creating and reviewing agreements, with third party distribution and service providers
- Provide support for examinations by and negotiations with governmental agencies with regulatory responsibilities for the group product lines of business
- Manage compliance audits and controls testing and engage with Liberty Mutual Group enterprise risk assessment and management
- Assists as time permits with individual accident and health products and with worksite, affinity, and other marketing and distribution efforts
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years experience with the marketing and sale of group insurance products
- Bachelors degree and experience with regulatory compliance for group insurance products; J.D. and bar admission strongly preferred
- Solid knowledge of ERISA and insurance laws and regulations required
- Advanced analytical/problem solving and research skills
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, analytical, and management skills
- Ability to influence senior management
- Experience working with regulators
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.