Financial Operations Specialist
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by CapSpecialty
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages including generous paid time off, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty is seeking a Financial Operations Specialist that will efficiently and accurately enter invoices & other payment requests, and process expense reports. The Specialist will also assist in the training of other employees, to ensure that they understand & follow company processes and policies; and assist in in other Finance Department and reporting tasks and requirements as necessary.
Education & Experience:
- Associates degree in Accounting (Bachelor's preferred), or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years of accounts payable or general accounting systems experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to assist others both in person and in other locations.
- Organizational and prioritization skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment while maintaining a high level of quality and service.
- Must be able to effectively apply general processes & guidelines in different situations.
- Ability to work independently to resolve outstanding issues and suggest process improvements, while contributing towards team goals.
- Intermediate experience using Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y). For more information please visit our website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer