Principal Systems Analyst
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Liberty Mutual Insurance
Principal Systems Analyst
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
As part of the Corporate Legal IT department you would act as principal project architecture analyst and reviewer for the Knowledge Management and HO Legal Application agile teams and participate in major architectural decisions; responsible for education with IT unit on all dimensions of software development and quality assurance. Transforms common system requirements into designs for shared and reusable services - designs are generic and of broad scope; models system solutions across projects according to architecture, technology and standards.
About the job:
- Coordinates upgrades and rollouts of larger, more complex scope including implementation, training and monitoring performance.
- Responsible for projects or subprojects of significant technical complexity; leads projects including developing project plans, assigning tasks and facilitating team process; provides input to performance appraisals.
- Identify and analyze technical and/or functional Level 2 problems of high complexity; designs and implements effective solutions.
- Create and implements systems, technical and product standards and procedures; evaluates industry standards.
- May modify/maintain complex desktop client products using standard life cycle development practices coding/packaging, testing, debugging, certification, and implementation) and managed desktop utilities in support of W2K, XP and Linux
- Windows Server Administration
- Administering vendor applications on-prem
- Work with different technical teams (eg DBAs, Midrange, Storage, Vendors, Architects)
- Investigate and make final recommendations on new tools and techniques; collaborates on hardware/software evaluations.
- Depict highly complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; communicates project objectives, scope and direction across project teams.
- Consult on major complex design considerations.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Generally 8+ years of professional experience.
- Requires thorough knowledge in the following areas; IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies, diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts, thorough knowledge and understanding of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs, and thorough knowledge of a business function (s), and IT industry business issues.
- Extensive knowledge of business operations, strategies and objectives and strong facilitation, consensus building and presentation skills required.
- Experience with MS SQL
- Windows Server Configuration
- Configuring vendor applications
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being.
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.