Business Solutions Analyst II
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Assurant
This role will serve as a member of the Preneed Business Initiatives team. The role is responsible for understanding business needs, assessing the impact of those changes, capturing, analyzing and documenting and then supporting the communication and delivery of multiple business, production support, and process improvement initiatives. The support of business and production support initiatives will include conducting research, investigating and analyzing business processes and procedures, and providing support for development and implementation Must have a proven ability to identify and document business needs through research, facilitation and analysis. Identify, lead and implement changes, process improvements and transitions to enhance business and production support effectiveness. Serves as a subject matter expert on behalf of other departments, providing support and communication for implementation of business initiatives. Leads multiple medium size initiatives and responsible to apply project methodology to implement tactical corporate initiatives. This position will equip Preneed with operational excellence tools and practices necessary to achieve tactical objectives and provide the appropriate metrics against which performance will be assessed. Responsible for establishing relationship and communicating status with all stakeholders, at all levels of the organization.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- Critically evaluate information from multiples sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level business processes, abstract up from low-level information to achieve a general understanding and distinguish user requests from underlying true needs.
- Conducts and documents research to investigate and analyze business, production support, and process improvement processes, workflows and procedures to assess complex and medium sized initiatives; identify appropriate level of business rules and detailed user processes using flows, diagrams, models and use cases when applicable.
- Applies strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into operational requirements.
- Assists in problem resolution by conducting research, identifying and sharing data points and recommending potential solutions.
- Supports product owners/business owners by assisting with research for business, production support, and process improvement initiatives and projects
- Gathers lessons learned from past projects and initiatives and makes recommendations to new initiatives on how to apply what has been learned.
- Completes and maintains business configuration in identified software and system technologies.
Planning and Monitoring (25%)
- Effectively applies methodologies and enforces project process and standards
- Leads 3-4 medium size initiatives simultaneously and participates in activities for large initiatives.
- Responsible for meeting project deadlines for planned initiative activities
- Creates deliverables that are developed during the project including but not limited to process maps, use cases, business cases, project scope, standard operation procedures.
- Drive and challenge business units on assumptions
- Capable of working with limited direction and adhere to procedures to ensure that all business products and services meet company and client standards.
- Works independently with considerable input in the decisions on the techniques and approaches to be used
- Mentors Operational Analyst I in their responsibilities including orientation and training; may also assign and review their completed work.
Support, Communication, and Business Readiness (25%)
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand perspectives, provide initiative information and obtain and react to feedback
- May help develop test cases and conduct user acceptance testing for initiatives
- Acts on behalf of business areas as subject matter expert for initiatives including learning processes and procedures and being the representative for those identified areas.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to stakeholders on regular basis.
- Supports product owners/business owners by assisting with research, identification of potential issues, asking questions, and making recommendations for business, production support, and process improvement initiatives and projects.
- Write internal and external communications for business initiatives. Needs leadership approval prior to sending to intended audiences.
- Acts as liaison between stakeholders, operations, customers, and vendor partners
- Supports Business Readiness by assisting with document planning, communications, and training plans in collaboration with responsible departments.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelors Degree or
- 2 years or more in insurance industry or
- 2 years of similar analyst experience
Travel - 5% Travel
- Must have the ability to work with limited supervision.Intermediate written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build credibility and trust, while establish working relationships with stakeholders across the organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of conducting research and analysis.
- Must be willing to work in a project team and a fast-paced changing environment.
- Must be organized and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Must be able to effectively facilitate multiple projects while performing day-to-day activities.
- Willing and able to drive change and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Manage assigned tasks within the work request or project to ensure deliverables are completed accurately on (or before) the deadline.Desire to continuously improve processes and products.
- Demonstrated ability to get things done through working with others and have a high degree of business maturity.
- Proven track record of creating effective solutions once a problem is identified.Passion for analyzing data and problem solutioning.
- Ability to build stakeholder and team member relationships.