Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Assurant
The Processing Specialist handles insurance documents on behalf of our financial institution clients, directly impacting the timeliness and accuracy of the homeowners property insurance coverage.This role requires proven ability to manage deadlines and meet quality standards with accuracy and consistent attention to detail. It also requires the use of good judgment to solve problems and make business-appropriate decisions consistent with Assurant procedures and best practices.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
Process documents in an accurate and timely manner to ensure proper insurance coverage for homeowners and client satisfaction goals.
- Identify policy type and determine appropriate action needed. For example: PUD, Townhome, Flood, Wind, etc.
- Make appropriate updates to client database in order to meet regulatory obligations.
- Make timely premium payments from established escrow accounts to ensure continuous coverage.
- Manage time to handle multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Meet deadlines and quality standards
Communicate and coordinate with insurance agents and/or insurance carriers to verify information, update status, and meet deadlines/requirements.
- Be professional in all communications, act in a manner consistent with Assurant values and honor Assurants commitments.
- Demonstrate empathy regarding your work and the impact it has on the Client and homeowner.
- Address any questions, concerns, or suggestions in a timely and appropriate manner.
Build and maintain effective internal working relationships and support teamwork in meeting company goals.
- Understand how the Processing Specialist role fits into the larger organizational context and ensure the smooth hand off of work (incoming and outgoing).
- Communicate status updates and appropriately escalate issues and opportunities to meet the needs of clients and homeowners.
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills
- 1-year work experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Banking, finance, mortgage lending experience
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in an environment focused on production and quality