Billing Team Lead - Catastrophe.Future Opening*
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Crawford & Company
Crawford CATastrophe Services is constantly searching for qualified catastrophe candidates to provide expertise in the wake of natural or man-made disasters. If you would like to be considered for future career opportunities, apply today!
Provides senior-level support for the day-to-day operations of a centralized billing function. Resolves general issues questions and escalation issues for team members.Responsibilities
- Provides direction and guidance to less experienced team members. Recognizes and recommends areas needing improvement. May assist in scheduling and coordinating team activities.
- Handles escalated and unresolved issues.
- Provides input into hiring decisions and performance appraisals, but does not make hiring decisions or conduct performance appraisals.
- Assists manager with creating team presentations on new systems and procedures, new programs and ongoing training.
- Identifies and tracks special handling clients to ensure billing is handled as expected.
- Ensures client invoicing is completed timely and accurately according to instructions received from Team Managers or Service Center Managers and in accordance with client contracts.
- Maintains product quality through compliance with service standards and client instructions.
- Strives to enhance the service provided to clients through timely communication and providing billing information in a format that is clear and concise.
- Performs billing/invoicing activities for specific clients.
- Performs other duties and participates in special projects as requested.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct.
- High school diploma.
- Minimum of four years of billing, booking and/or accounting experience.
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience working within a centralized billing environment
- Familiarity with Tymetrix
- Experience using Legal-X
People taking care of people. Its that simple. At Crawford & Company, we treat our clients policyholders like our own, helping to restore and enhance lives, businesses and communities at all points of the claims management process. Combining a Legacy of nearly 80 years of unmatched experience with global capabilities and industry-leading technology, Crawford is at the forefront of change, while also staying firmly rooted to our commitment to putting people first.
We are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset thats inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at .
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.