Commercial Lines Underwriter, Senior
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Capstone Search Group
About the Role
Senior Underwriter will serve as the department's subject matter expert. This position will be responsible for the evaluation, selection, acceptance, declination, pricing and servicing of the organizations more complex accounts. Senior Underwriter will serve as a role model of service excellence, as well as mentor for underwriting staff members.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates policies to determine risk selection for the company's largest accounts
- Determines account pricing, terms and conditions of highly complex risks
- Manages key relationships with various stakeholder levels
Skills & Experience
- Expert level knowledge of workers' compensation exposures and applicable regulations
- Expert level knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices and procedures
- Excellent writing skills with ability to clearly communicate underwriting decisions
- Proven ability to confidently accept appropriate risk
Compensation & Perks
Base salary $62k to $80k. Value based company. Green focused. Work culture is collaborative. Onsite wellness center.