Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Donegal Insurance
Donegal Insurance Group is a regional property-casualty insurance group doing business in the Mid-Atlantic, Midwestern, New England, Southern and Southwestern states through eleven insurance companies: Donegal Mutual Insurance Company, Atlantic States Insurance Company, Le Mars Insurance Company, Michigan Insurance Company, Mountain States Insurance Group, Peninsula Insurance Group, Sheboygan Falls Insurance Company, Southern Insurance Company of Virginia and Southern Mutual Insurance Company.
Donegal Insurance Group offers a broad range of personal and commercial insurance products. Our companies conduct business through a network of independent insurance agencies. Our strong financial foundation and successful operating strategies have earned our group a rating of A (Excellent) by the A.M. Best Company, the nations leading insurance rating organization.
About the role:
The Claim Trainee position is an entry level position within our claims call center. This opportunity is for those who desire to build a career in field of Property and Casualty Insurance. Successful candidates will handle incoming claims calls while also developing the necessary skills to handle first party motor vehicle claims on their own.
Responsibilities will include:
- Answering all types of calls in a high volume call center including first notice of loss calls
- Providing exceptional service to our customers during the claim reporting and handling process
- Developing the investigation skills necessary to properly evaluate and settle claims
- Handling small first party motor vehicle physical damage claims and minor third party motor vehicle physical damage claims
- Four year college degree or insurance industry work experience which provided customer service skills
- Excellent telephone skills
Relocation assistance will be provided. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Incentive Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
Donegal Insurance Group participates in E-Verify in the following states: North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Utah, Arizona, Nebraska, and Louisiana.