Manager, Technical - Japan
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Universal Orlando
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of whats possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, were creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
JOB SUMMARY: The Technical Manager will monitor and expedite the design and development of show and/or ride systems for theme park attraction(s) under contract with vendor(s), and will provide insight, scheduling, and consultation services on behalf of Universal Creative core team during all aspects of work progress. Other assigned tasks may include assisting with updates for Show and Ride technical specifications, Scope Templates, and Companion Documents, show and ride systems research, patent pursuit and defense duties, contribution to show and ride systems design, design reviews, field assistance for installation, test and adjust, and other such tasks as defined by S/R Engineering management, and that support S/R Engineering tasks.
- When Project assigned, assists in managing or manages vendors through the process of bidding, designing, manufacturing, testing, shipping, installation, start up, and commissioning of S/R systems. Provides technical guidance and vendor management through day-to-day design, fabrication, installation, test & adjust and commissioning activities. Responsible to translate creative intent and business goals into technical documents that will serve to acquire bids and lock in price and schedule for delivery of systems that will deliver upon those goals. Builds strong team cohesion and motivation within the Attraction Technical Team by managing change and conflict with dedication to a positive outcome. Vendor management includes participation in all aspects of both technical and project/contract management as it applies to Scope generation, vendor contract establishment and management, directives, and change order processing. Is responsible for balancing technical, creative, budget control, and schedule demands to achieve an optimum work product for the customer park.
- Reviews portions of Vendor-provided design review documents. Includes drawing review, component selection review, calculation review, test plan review, test results review, or review of other deliverable items as specified by engineering management
- Supervise and guide project technical personnel (indirect or direct reporting relationships).
- Review, edit, or develop test protocols, procedures, and plans. Execute witness or approve testing and test results as assigned and authorized by Engineering and Safety management. Reduce data and report on test results.
- Direct Universal Patent pursuit and defense. Determine business need for patents, and advise management as to patent pursuits and costs.
- Review and approve contract and legal documents related to Show and Ride systems as required for project work and as authorized by Engineering and Safety management.
EDUCATION: Associates degree in a technical field required. Bachelors degree in a technical field preferred.
- 5 Years: Required Vendor Management experience with significant in-field installation related experience.
- 2 Years: Required related experience.
- Theme Park specific experience is highly preferred.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE