Senior Learning Specialist
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by ICW Group
The purpose of the Senior Learning Specialist position is to ensure delivery of effective internal training programs that prepare Team Members to drive revenue through effective performance.
This role exists to provide Training expertise to Shared Services Department as well as provide governance of Training and the associated technology, formats, and standards across the enterprise to ensure that an exceptional and consistent experience is provided in all Training developed by all departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conducts needs assessments for Shared Service Departments to determine opportunities for process or knowledge improvement through training
- Creates master plans and schedules for training for Shared Services initiatives.
- Consults with leaders to identify knowledge gaps and uses a structured instructional design model to determine training needs and recommends solutions.
- Directs leaders to alternative resources if training is not the most appropriate solution.
- Establishes training goals and when applicable, develops curriculum plans to achieve training goals.
- Works with Senior Leadership to determine training priorities and resources available for training.
Develops and designs training programs using instructional design principles and best practices
- Identifies appropriate training development resource whether internal or vendor or external program and recommends vendor where appropriate, managing to budget.
- Based on training goals, audience, and available resources, determines the best delivery method to achieve learning results.
- Identifies measurement(s) for training success. Establishes evaluation methodology using Kirkpatricks Four Level model during the design phase of training.
- Works with Subject Matter Experts, creates content, learning exercises, measurement, and reinforcement activities based on the delivery method and training goals established.
- Creates instructor guides to document each training course using the corporate instructor guide template.
- Recommends instructors for specific training programs. Works with instructors to ensure understanding of lesson plans to facilitate the best delivery experience for participants.
- Tracks instructor performance, where applicable, and provides feedback and coaching to continually improve performance.
- Ensures the training content is interactive, engaging to audience, and meets corporate standards for training.
- Reviews and revises training content to ensure training stays current and relevant.
- Integrates Mission, Values and other organization operating principles into training programs.
- Measures training in accordance with evaluation methodology and reports results to leadership.
Promotes training opportunities and works with leaders to solicit participation
- Communicates with participants and where applicable, managers, regarding pre-work, training content, and reinforcement activities.
- Manages training communications and promotions to engage participants in attending and applying learning.
- Promotes the use of training and development resources as a part of development planning for Team Member retention and engagement.
Serves as master administrator for the ICW Group iLearn Learning Management System
- Determines LMS access levels and assigns roles to users.
- Reviews all content prior to upload to ensure compliance with training principles and ICW training standards.
- Ensures LMS-assigned training of all departments is deployed in a manner and pace that is consumable by all trainees based on business cycles or other assigned training requirements.
- Maintains and tracks all Training records for each of the prescribed required trainings, as outlined within the training governance guidelines.
- Follows up on incomplete required trainings systematically and thoroughly and escalates incomplete participants to appropriate management.
- Monitors LMS participation, success criteria and generates relevant reports to Management.
Manages organizations Training Library
- Coordinates with individual departments to utilize LMS as repository for all training materials and courses.
- Identifies training that can be automatically delivered using the LMS tools and works with departments to convert training.
- Recommends changes to training content and provides feedback to Training designer.
- Reviews all paid or vendor delivered content is relevant and determines the applicable tags are assigned in the LMS.
- Ensures all materials are prepared in a compliant format for the LMS.
Drives and manages learning governance as a strategic business process
- Establishes and maintains Training Governance Committee for all Training Specialists across the enterprise and conducts regular meetings and reviews of standards and procedures.
- Recommends and secures Train the Trainers for training personnel based on needs defined by the Governance Committee.
- Establishes and maintains written standards, templates and guidelines for in-house developed training for all methods of delivery.
- Establishes a yearly enterprise calendar for deployment of required annual and expected new training that will be delivered ensuring minimal overlap and sufficient completion periods.
- Monitors key indicators to ensure that learning is strategically aligned and delivering value.
No formal supervisory authority. Informal leadership responsibilities: must be able to influence non-direct reports to align their work with standards, templates and guidelines. Must be able to cohesively manage a Committee of professionals and engage them around a common purpose.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; Instructional Design, Organizational Development, Business Management, Education, or related degree preferred. Minimum 5 years of actual corporate training development and delivery experience and minimum 3 years of experience administering and/or preparing SCORM content for a learning management system; or equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. Experience can include developing training programs, teaching adult learners, managing projects, coordinating logistics, creating training materials, and creating and deploying materials within a learning management system. Minimum 3 years of experience leading change management initiatives for large scale projects.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required. Certificate in ATD or other similar training certifications preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Advanced skills in facilitating change management strategies to align organization culture with business goals. Advanced skills with eLearning development tools such as Camtasia, Lectora, Captivate or other training authoring tools. Knowledge of adult learning principles and demonstrated experience using best practices in instructional design. Ability to translate business and technical requirements into effective learning solutions. Previous experience with providing consultative services to all levels of staff and management. Outstanding presentation skills. Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Visio. Excellent oral communication skills; superior technical and persuasive writing skills. Ability to peer review documentation for grammar, content and consistent writing style. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The worker is required to have visual acuity and be capable of operating and viewing computers and other electronic devices for extended periods of time.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: Creativity; Organizing and Planning; Influence; Initiative; Problem-Solving and Decision-Making.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment. The noise level is usually quiet in the work area with moderate noise in the computer room. Occasional travel may be required.