This Job Vacancy has Expired!

Risk Control Representative

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by United Fire Group

Rocklin, CA 95677
Leisure & Sport
Immediate Start
Annual Salary
Full-Time
Overview

UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While weve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named a Top Workplace for four consecutive years, and included on Forbes Americas Most Trustworthy Financial Companies every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.

What a fantastic opportunity for you to build on our risk control services in the Southern California territory! In this highly visible remotely operated position, youll be frequenting our insureds premises and operations and use your expert skills to review and evaluate their organizational, administrative and technical matters to control loss exposures. You will be responsible for identifying and reporting hazards that create loss exposures to commercial property, auto, and general liability coverages. With your keen experience, you will effectively reduce loss exposures through risk improvement guidance and recommendations. This is your chance to show what it takes to provide outstanding services to those accounts designated to you. We will also rely on you to expertly conduct safety meetings and presentations to our insureds and agents when requested.

The ideal candidate will reside in Southern California, close to our insureds and agents in that territory

Responsibilities

  • Sell, develop and implement risk improvement to service and retain accounts
  • Timely follow-up and resolution of below average/poor accounts
  • Rate line of coverage
  • Provide description of operations, evaluate exposures and controls and make appropriate recommendations for deficiencies identified
  • Complete base cause of loss analysis on prospective and written accounts
  • Complete service planners for Risk Improvement Accounts
  • Pre-quotes/implementation/Mid-term/Pre-renewal
  • Complete required forms and reports including description of operations, exposure & control evaluations, line of coverage grading, risk improvement evaluations, recommendations submission, problem identification and large line coordination, Loss Control Reports, Work Logs, Expense Accounts and itinerarys
  • Train and guide insureds and agents in techniques of loss exposure reduction through risk improvement methods
  • Travel up to 75% of the time (including an average of 3-4 nights a month out of town) and work remotely from their home office approximately the remaining 25% of the time
  • The job may involve exposure to dirt, heat, cold, odors, noise, wetness, humidity and/or other unpleasant conditions. Other health and safety factors may include heights, mechanical, or electrical hazards such as microwaves and industrial equipment
Qualifications

Education:

  • Possess a degree from a credited college or university
  • Possess a 4 year college degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Occupational Safety or related field preferred
  • Completion of CSP, ARM or ALCM program preferred

Experience:

  • A minimum of 3 years of field experience

Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:

  • Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication and presentation skills
  • Enthusiastic and energetic with great user and product sense
  • Negotiation, Consultative & Investigative skills
  • Strong organization and time-management skills
  • Ability to promote a positive image and develop productive relationships with insureds and agents
  • Self-starter with strong self-discipline to be able to work independently and remotely
  • Have an understanding of building construction classifications and building appraisal applications
  • Knowledge of commercial liability, property and auto coverages and exposures which may lead to losses
  • Know how to reduce/correct hazards
  • Knowledge of OSHA General Industry and Construction Regulations, DOT, EPA, NFPA and FMCR
  • Knowledge of Loss Control and Claims cost containment programs
  • Proficient with MS Office Suite of Products incluing Word & Excel.
  • Understanding of PEME

Reference: 744306509