Internal Auditor III
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by American Strategic Insurance Corporation
Sponsorship is not available for this position. ASI generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in our determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate.
American Strategic Insurance is a leading writer of Property and Casualty products. ASI offers Personal Lines Property products in over 40 states, and is currently in the process of expanding nationally. ASI is ranked a top employer in Florida, and in Tampa Bay, for many years. ASI is an independently-managed insurance company that is a member of the Progressive group of companies.
Senior Auditors work under the supervision of the Lead Auditor or higher and assist with planning, executing and reporting financial, operational and compliance related audits/projects to facilitate compliance with federal laws, corporate standards and generally accepted accounting principles. Senior Auditors serve as the day-to-day project manager for one or more audit projects (which do not require the advanced skill of a Lead Auditor) and provide project guidance and informal coaching to junior auditors as needed. Senior Auditors are expected to demonstrate generalized knowledge of the audit industry and Progressive's business operations. They should also demonstrate specialized expertise in one or more functional areas.Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a risk-based approach, participates in the development of project scope, objectives and approach. Monitors progress and reports accordingly. Independently determines control objectives and audit testing for a variety of audit responsibilities.
- Responsible for detailed analysis and will develop an overall view of project management and overall quality of the control processes.
- Demonstrates appropriate prioritization, planning and organization skills to utilize time and resources effectively to ensure that project deadlines and goals are met; understands the most critical project priorities and time line, follows up to keep project responsibilities moving forward.
- Demonstrates effective people management skills; serves as technical advisor for assigned auditors or as lead/mentor in training and developing of other auditors. Provides day-to-day project management oversight of assigned staff including first level review of staff work products.
- Maintains strong working and business relationships with key members of the business process teams the auditor supports. Gains respect for audit knowledge from key members of specific business areas; recognized as primary contact for audit activities.
- Exercises ownership for projects, raises problems or issues in a professional manner, accepts responsibility for outcomes and maintains high standards; understands and strives to act in accordance with professional standards; maintains independence and objectivity.
- Expert communication with impact and empathy, able to drive change and influence business constituents; communicates information timely to ensure effective operations.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving ability to drive process control improvements/effectiveness to our business processes that enhance performance. Able to simplify information or situations to provide clarity and support a decision.
- Strong ability to apply audit standards and processes from both professional standards and C&A methodologies, contributes to the advancement of internal methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of 1 of 3 skill sets: Industry & Technical Expertise, Accounting & Financial Knowledge or IT Technical Aptitude.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, Business Management, Economics, Technology-based (Computer Science) or Mathematics.
- Required Certifications Financial Auditors: CPA or CIA. For other Audit Jobs: CIA or equivalent (ie, CPA, CISA, and/or Green Belt) required w/24 months pending certification experience requirements.
- 4 years of relevant audit, operational, financial or IT experience.
The physical requirements and working conditions listed below are representative of those required on the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Typical office environment requiring the use of typical office equipment (eg, computers, phones, etc.). Computer keyboarding, computer monitor and mouse use including reaching forward, grasping, finger and wrist manipulation, and neck bending and turning; near vision is necessary for computer monitor use. If working in an Emerging Workspace, or similar working arrangement, lifting of laptop equipment, files and/or personal belongings weighing 10 lbs. or less is required.
- May require long periods of sitting
- May require prolonged repetitive use of the upper extremities
The ASI Culture is like no other. While ASI stands for "American Strategic Insurance," we also believe it stands for "Attitude, Speed and Innovation." It is through these principles we plan our day and measure our success. This can be seen through the way our team members interact with each other, the fan letters from our agents and customers, to our success during a time where other companies have struggled.
ASI offers outstanding benefits, health insurance for employees and dependents, dental, vision, up to 6% matching on our 401(k) retirement plan, earned time off, life insurance, and much more!