Senior Risk Control Consultant
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Erie Insurance Group
Provides support to the underwriting process by providing an overall opinion of the risk. Performs risk control surveys of property and casualty exposures. Also performs accident investigations and client based consultative services, including evaluations of risk management programs and safety procedures.
*Work for a Fortune 500 company with exceptional benefits (including company funded pension plus 401k.)*
Candidate will work from home and a company car will be provided.
The ideal candidate will live in the greater Chicagoland, Racine/Kenosha, WI area to service the assigned territory.
Candidates with experience less than the Senior level Risk Control Consultant qualifications may be considered for the Risk Control Consultant II role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs surveys on prospective and existing business as directed and develops an overall opinion regarding the desirability of that risk. Prepares risk evaluation reports.
- Consults with Policyholders on risk management issues by conducting consultative visits to the Policyholder's workplace. Develops and implements risk management service plans and risk improvement recommendations for selected policyholders and assists policyholder in implementing recommendations.
- Makes acceptability decisions on risks within defined binding authority. Refers risks beyond binding authority to commercial lines underwriter, risk analyst, or underwriting supervisor.
- Visits Agents to discuss risk management issues. Contributes to agency development by participating in various Agent meetings and coffee houses.
- Supports the underwriting team philosophy by integrating loss control service activities with the claims and underwriting functions.
- Assists the branch claims operation as requested.
- Presents risk control training sessions to both internal and external customers.
- Serves as a mentor and assists in the training of other staff members as required.
Ability To Learn And Follow Procedures
Ability to Manage Complexity
Developing And Maintaining Relationships
Information Management Skills
Planning And Organizing
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in Safety Management, Risk Management and Insurance, Business Management, or related field, and five years of safety or property/casualty insurance experience; or Associate degree in risk management, business or related field and seven years professional experience in safety or property/casualty insurance; or High School diploma or GED and nine years professional experience in safety or property/casualty insurance A professional Risk Management designation (ARM, CRM, CIC, CPCU, ALCM, ASP or CSP) preferred. Working knowledge of risk control practices preferred. Valid driver's license and good driving record required. Ability to travel. Some overnight trips required. Incumbent must live in territory assigned unless a change is approved by the company.
Lifting 0-20 lbs; Occasional
Lifting 20-50 lbs; Occasional
Lifting Over 50 lbs; Occasional
Driving; Often (20-50%)
Manual Keying/Data Entry; Often (20-50%)