Vice President - Managing Director of TruLook
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Crawford & Company
Under the direction of the SVP-National Claim Operations, assures satisfactory profit margins and long-term growth consistent with business unit and District Hub objectives in a designated geographical location by delivering quality services at sufficient production levels and by managing expenses; identifies market opportunities; and sells services locally to ensure maintenance and growth of revenue.Responsibilities
- Directs claim activities for Property and Casualty product lines.
- Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures for claims handling and proper servicing and settlement of all Property and Casualty claims.
- Reviews major claims or claims that require a higher level of authority.
- Provides technical claims oversight and support and frequently develops and implements claim standards.
- Develops and manages Property and Casualty claims staff.
- Recruits, selects, orients, hires, coaches, counsels, disciplines and evaluates performance of team managers, adjusters, and support employees.
- Sets performance objectives and monitors and appraises employee performance based on objectives.
- Communicates and enforces ethical business practices and compliance with laws and regulations of jurisdiction.
- Maintains product quality through compliance with service standards and client instructions.
- Responsible for auditing files and training of less experienced staff, including Team Managers.
- Establish and oversee clear objectives to Team Managers with respect to open case inventory with proper and timely closing and billing of files.
- Assigns work ensuring balanced workload for employees in District Hub.
- Establish and oversee clear objectives with respect to billed and unbilled inventory processes to meet business unit Days Sales Outstanding objectives.
- Monitors accounts receivable to encourage positive cash flow and to minimize aged accounts receivable.
- Establish market presence and identify revenue opportunities. Makes sales calls on potential and existing clients.
- Responsible for the development and execution of a sales and business development plan in coordination with regional and national sales team.
- Builds and maintains relationships with existing and potential clients to increase revenue..
- Directs client relationship activities of Team Managers as required.
- Upholds and projects the corporate image by participating in industry organizations and functions.
- Evaluates and recommends continuing professional education of employees.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Business Conduct at all times.
- Participates in special projects or performs duties in other areas as requested.
- College degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience delivering services and supervising the delivery of services offered by District Hub.
- Previous management experience required.
- Must have or secure and maintain the appropriate license(s) as required by the state(s) at the adjuster/supervisory/management level.
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Operations, process and technical knowledge.
- Management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good analytical ability and mathematical skills.
- Business development and sales skills.
- Ability to effectively manage, supervise, and develop employees.
- Thorough knowledge of services being delivered by branch office.
- Ability to effectively manage a budget and the profit and loss of an operation.
- Personal computer skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal capabilities.
People taking care of people. Its that simple. At Crawford & Company, we treat our clients policyholders like our own, helping to restore and enhance lives, businesses and communities at all points of the claims management process. Combining a Legacy of nearly 80 years of unmatched experience with global capabilities and industry-leading technology, Crawford is at the forefront of change, while also staying firmly rooted to our commitment to putting people first.
We are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset thats inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at .
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.