Executive Assistant Legal
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by AmTrust Financial Services
Title: Executive Assistant
Location: New York, NY
AmTrust is looking for a talented Legal Executive Assistant to join its legal department to directly assist the companys Chief Legal Officer.
- Assist in managing the Chief Legal Officers workflow; includes developing a working knowledge of matters and participants. It also includes proactively following up on pending items and/or continuous progress.
- Manage Chief Legal Officers Outlook inbox.
- Heavy calendar management. Coordinating meetings. Send meeting planners, dial-in for calls; reserve conference rooms, set up video conferences, greet guests, provide refreshments.
- Legal file management and organization. Includes filing of documents electronically and physically, maintaining department spreadsheets.
- Drafting, revising and formatting of legal documents, reports and corporate presentations. Proofreading and redlining documents. Draft agendas for meetings; take minutes where needed. Printing, copying, faxing, process mail and other clerical functions as needed.
- Answering phones; back-up phone coverage for 3 other attorneys within the group.
- Making travel arrangements and preparing itineraries; processing expense reports.
- Processing and tracking of corporate legal invoices.
- Track attorneys CLE credits and license renewals.
- Participating in key projects, including several quarterly report deadlines that involve internal audit and finance; perform other duties as assigned.
- Interface with Company Directors and committees, including maintaining corporate minute books, assisting in setting up meetings and calls, and following up with Directors for signatures on a variety of documents.
- Back-up for an Executive Assistant & Paralegal in the legal department, as well as for other Executive Assistants working on the executive floor.
- 5 years minimum experience required; law firm experience preferred and experience at an insurance company is a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively with frequent interruptions, and the ability to work productively in a fast paced organization.
- Must be flexible for overtime when needed.
- Extensive experience in Office 2010 applications including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- BS/BA degree preferred.
- Notary public preferred (or willing to get certification within 3 months).
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Must be proactive and able to work independently with good judgment and discretion.
- Capacity to interface directly in a friendly and professional manner with high profile C-level Management internally and externally to the organization.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.