Manager - Financial Reporting
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Capstone Search Group
About the Role
For over 50 years they have constantly pushed themselves to innovate on their customers behalf to meet their changing needs. They offer leading-edge life insurance and annuity products through a growing independent agent market. Shared cultural values: Collaboration, Authenticity, Dynamics, and Empowerment.
The Manager, Financial Reporting will report to the Director, Financial Reporting and interact with all levels of senior management. He/she will lead other members of the Financial Reporting Team and collaborate with various departments across the Company, as applicable.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the SEC annual and interim reports, GAAP financial statements, schedules and analysis
- Oversee of the NAIC statutory-basis annual and quarterly statements
- Execute internal controls designed to mitigate identified risks within the financial reporting process
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and implementing changes necessary for strategic vision, including internal control enhancements to ensure risks are adequately mitigated
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 7+ years of experience in financial reporting, accounting, or auditing
- Life insurance or financial services experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Financial reporting package and web filings experience preferred
- CPA license preferred
Compensation & Perks
They offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, as well as a focus on learning and development, in addition to an organizational culture that works hard and has fun.