Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Greeley Tribune
Greeley Tribune is in need of a photographer.At the Tribune, we get the opportunity to interact with influential community leaders, are home to impressive athletes and entrepreneurs and have a local community bond stronger than any town you ll ever live in. We re looking for an adventurous spirit with a Love of the great outdoors, sports and community.
This position does it all from photographing local high school sports to weekend events. This position will also support Tribune team by shooting photos on assignment, covering breaking news and cultivating videos and photos for the daily newspaper in addition to various social media platforms and websites.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Seek out appropriate visual journalism subjects and opportunities.
- Work in a variety of conditions, locations and circumstances to get the right image or video.
- Use an extensive range of technical equipment, including cameras, lenses, lighting and specialist software;
- Perform maintenance tasks necessary to keep equipment working properly.
- Manage the processing and use of images and videos, discussing technical problems, checking for quality, and dealing with editor concerns.
- Develop expertise with software to digitally enhance, retouch, and resize images, change emphasis, crop pictures, and correct minor faults.
- Coordinate photo library with graphic designers, reporters, and editors to understand images required and usage
- Adhere to the newsroom workflow to meet all deadlines
- Engage in research to develop new photography and video procedures and materials.
- Attend staff meetings and communicate routinely with editors, designers, and peers within the organization.
- Edit and upload photos and videos to system, creating cut lines for each.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Associates degree or certificate from vocational school
- 1-2 years of training and/or on the job experience
- Excellent listening, speaking, and written communication skills.
- Strong computer/digital skills with understanding of various platforms utilized in production of stories and photographs
- Creativity and strong attention to detail.
- Strong interest in news and the community.
Swift Communications is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.