Maintenance Specialist 2
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by DePaul
Category Mental Health - Residential
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Corporation Name DePaul Community Services (DCS)
Under the direction of the Program Director, the Maintenance Specialist 2 is responsible for providing maintenance cleanliness and upkeep of the building and grounds. This includes the ability to trouble shoot and problem solve in a proactive and cost effective manner.
1. Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all resident (as per respect policy), staff and guests.
2. Makes repairs of the building, equipment, and machinery as needed within his / her capability and notifies the Program Director of any major problems or concerns.
3. Repairs lights, plumbing, windows and screens, and performs simple carpentry when needed.
4. Performs interior and exterior painting as needed; obtains bids for larger projects.
5. Coordinates work orders with the Director or designee to ensure that deadlines and priorities of the program are met.
6. Under the direction of the Program Director, oversees the contracts for the preventative maintenance of the following; generator, fire
extinguishers and ansul system, sprinkler system, fire alarm, elevator, HVAC system (boiler, roof top units, air conditioner heater unit), water treatment and pest control.
7. Ensures that resident's rooms are prepared for new admissions, which may include maintenance of the room itself and the moving of the furniture and equipment as required.
8. Gathers price estimates for major repair work and reviews them with the Director.
9. Maintains ongoing contact and monitoring of the lawn care and snow removal companies. Also ensures that walkways and exits are shoveled and salted as needed.
10. Works with the Director to ensure that all OMH/HCR, and other funders physical plant issues are successfully addressed according to DePaul's Physical Plant Standards.
11. Assumes on call responsibility during physical plant emergencies.
12. Ensures all property outside of the building is properly maintained and cleaned as needed. This includes the picking up of any trash, cigarette butts or any other debris on the property.
13. Participates in staff meetings and in-services.
14. Works independently and with other maintenance staff to ensure that deadlines and priorities of agency are met.
15. Follows all safety rules and regulations for self, residents and staff.
16. Schedules, implements and tracks monthly fire drills as per OMH regulations as directed.
17. Completes monthly inspections of all fire safety equipment according to OMH / Quality Management guidelines.
18. Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation of the programs.
Education & Experience :
High School Diploma or GED required. Trade or industrial arts course work preferred. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals required. At least three years of work experience in providing hands on maintenance in a large facility to include electrical, carpentry, painting, plumbing, and minor repair work. Must be able to lift at least 70 pounds.
*In addition to the above criteria, this position also requires a clean, valid, NYS driving record as outlined in DePaul's personnel policy.