Posted on Aug 10, 2019 by CV-Library
The role of the Technical writer would involve updating and creating technical documentation and instruction manuals.
You will be responsible for owning the internal and external product documentation. This is a new and permanent position with exciting growth potential
• Take ownership of technical product documentation
• Shape the way in which documentation is created and managed, going forward.
• Work with our, product owners and technical stakeholders to write, edit, proof-read and maintain various technical documentation including but not limited to release notes, feature guides and architecture concepts
• Document existing products for numerous audiences including marketing, administration and development
• Writing detailed information on our existing Content Management System, front end application templates and API’s
• Manage customer facing documents to ensure its up to date and easy to use including on boarding, proposals and FAQ’s
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• At least 2 years’ experience as a Technical Author/ Technical Writer in an agile software organisation (ideally with both mobile/web products).
• Have a proven track record of translating technical subjects and jargon into understandable text.
• A strategic and creative thinker with an ability to absorb information quickly and to derive prioritization from multiple inputs and assist various teams in a highly optimised manner.
• Enjoy working in an open, collaborative style both in management and cross-functional working and have a positive, solution-focused approach.
• Excellent command of English with a clear and concise writing style.
• Superb interpersonal communication skills
• A self-motivated individual with an analytical mindset, an inquisitive nature and with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
• Development background
• Previous online repository work with Confluence
WHAT WE OFFER
The Company believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in their bright, open plan office is in the heart of London. The Company offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
• 25 days’ holiday
• Childcare vouchers
• Direct pension contributions
• Free lunch once a week
• Friday treats (usually cakes)
• Fresh fruit, tea and coffee and snacks (including beer!)
• Regular free employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc...). Please call David to find out more