Outside Sales Manager
Posted on Aug 10, 2019 by Dolcera
Zippia, Inc. is hiring on behalf of a global intellectual property and technology services company (The company). Based in the US and other countries, the company proudly services some of the world's largest and most innovative companies. Our talented engineering teams have built one of the best technology platforms for patent analytics and our teams of subject-matter experts cover the technology, life sciences, and consumer products sectors.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Sales Manager works to achieve business topline growth by identifying new opportunities for the company services expansion and deepening relations with existing clients through well crafted strategies of cross-selling and up-selling. This position will oversee all US sales operations, ensuring sales performance and productivity, which will drive the continuing business success of the company as a whole. The company is based in San Mateo (CA) but open to remote (anywhere in the US) for the right candidate.
- Searching for new clients who might benefit from the company's services and maximizing customer potential in designated regions, including tracking the new and emerging technologies across the electrical, electronics, and related industries to devise strategies as to where services can be implemented and creating a target list of potential clients in those industries;
- Understanding the requirements and needs of customers in large companies in a number of key industries, including telecommunications, semiconductors, software, and medical devices;
- Developing and delivering product demonstrations, by understanding emerging areas using materials from the latest scientific journals and research papers to find niche areas to showcase sample work projects for clients. Provide technical briefs in these areas to our analyst teams to create research reports that appeal to a target segment of clients;
- Representing the services and tools to customers and at field events, including using a combination of the company Web 2.0 tools to create working samples in clients' interest areas during client demonstrations; meeting with potential clients to determine their technical needs, and then making technical presentations to demonstrate how the company's products can meet such needs or mitigate and resolve the client's technical issues and demands;
- Understanding and interpreting clients' business and technology requirements, in coordination with the company's global team of scientific and business analysts, and then using your technical skills to explain the benefits of our products and persuade clients that the company services and tools are superior to those of other competitors in terms of quality, price and delivery;
- Calculating client quotations by gauging the complexity of the technology area, calculating the efficiency of the search and the depth of the technology taxonomy, and factoring in the knowledge of the scientific team in the technology area to estimate the effort for producing the research reports;
- Working in conjunction with our sales team, and concentrating on the technical aspects of the company's products to initiate and finalize product sales;
- Negotiating contract terms and closing sales to meet both client and company needs;
- Supporting the sales team members who lack the knowledge of the industry and technologies involved by conducting regular training sessions to apprise team members of technological advancements.
- Acting as the communication channel between the client and the company research team in India while managing the projects at a high level;
- Defining timelines and checkpoints for the execution of a project;
- Monitoring project quality by reviewing the research team's work on a regular basis and conducting quality checks such as verification of search strategies, categorization and analysis of some randomly selected patents, checking the mapping of patents to attributes/technology/products before the delivery of results of each phase to the clients;
- Ensuring timely execution of projects by setting internal checkpoints with the company research teams to ensure the projects are aligned both with the timelines and with the expectations of the client; and preparing sales reports as well as analyzing costs and sales;
- Provide leadership during project issues and disputes.
- Competitive compensation plan;
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K match;
- Excellent training program in Intellectual Property (IP) analytics, especially the application of powerful machine; learning/natural language processing tools for business strategy;
- Chance to work with people from different parts of the world;
- Opportunity to grow a mid-size services firm into a large organization.