Posted on Aug 10, 2019 by Laureate Education
- Ensures accurate, timely filing of state and local income tax returns, sales and use taxes and other business-related filings.
- Provides tax planning and research assistance on technical federal, state and local and international tax issues and documents conclusions with detailed memoranda.
- Monitors federal and state and local legislative and regulatory tax law developments and communicates the impact to the tax team.
- Assists with federal international tax calculations and analysis (such as GITLI, Subpart F, FTC, BEAT, 163j etc ).
- Monitors transfer pricing documentation and provide assistance in retrieving data when necessary. Requires interaction with third party vendors and coordinating with local teams to keep filings on track.
- Assists with FBAR or other international tax reporting as needed. Work directly with corporate treasury to obtain information to determine and communicate required reporting.
- Assists in obtaining tax forms such as residency certificates.
- Ensures the provision of efficient financial reporting in conformance with US tax accounting, USGAAP, and internal controls and supports continuous process improvement
- Assists with executing and managing the approach, scope, budget, timing, etc. for tax projects and external advisors
- Coordinates accounting and tax activities with internal stakeholders and external auditors
- Presents relevant tax team s objectives, scope, and results to senior management
- Leverages understanding of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, SOX, and other related and relevant regulations to ensure that all activities of the team comply with regulations
- Shares direction and action plans received from senior management with the team and leads them towards results
- Interprets results for senior management regarding monthly forecasts, variance, and trend analysis
- Communicates with the senior management and corporate team to share updates and receive guidance
- Ensures adequate utilization of the team and acts as a coach and mentor to supervisors and junior team members
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or another related field required
- 4-8 years of experience in tax required particularly state tax
- 0-1 years of management experience required
- CPA, JD, or other relevant professional certification highly preferred
- Proficient knowledge of state taxation required
- Familiarity with US federal corporate international taxation, and Transfer Pricing Principles preferred but not required
- Familiarity with financial and accounting systems preferred
- Familiarity with US tax accounting principles preferred
- Understanding of USGAAP, and other applicable regulatory and accounting principles
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and financial software
- Adaptable and able to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Well organized and able to prioritize
- Effective interpersonal abilities and communication skills
- Strong research and writing skills required