Asset Protection Associate
Posted on Aug 10, 2019 by Best Buy
A Best Buy Asset Protection Associate coaches and leads employees in asset protection best practices to ensure a safe, secure and profitable environment throughout the store. They work with the Asset Protection Lead to resolve any hazards or compliance issues and investigate any accidents. They also demonstrate preparedness and exhibit behaviors for proper emergency response procedures.
At Best Buy we give you plenty of ways to challenge yourself. You ll find working in a high-paced retail environment increases your ability to solve problems, multitask and work in a team environment. Further, our leadership is committed to helping you succeed in your current role and prepare you for the next through coaching and performance appraisals.
40% of your time you will:
- Monitor the store for potential security risks and alarm function.
- Protect against fraudulent activity by creating AP Alerts and reporting and documenting incidents properly when necessary.
- Teach and coach store employees about the principles, standards and policies related to safety and crisis events and monitor their fulfillment.
- Work with the Asset Protection Lead and others to resolve any hazards or compliance issues and investigate any employee or customer accidents.
- Interact with customers and store employees to maintain a safe and profitable environment.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of holidays, nights and weekends
- Ability to lift or maneuver 50-100 pounds, with or without accommodations
- 3 months experience in retail, customer service or related fields
Associated topics: detective, investigator, key holder, loss prevention, loss prevention associate, preventable loss, prevention, safety, security, security officer