Human Resources Generalist
Posted on Aug 10, 2019 by JAC Products
Type Regular Full-Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The incumbent in this role uses his/her professional experience and know-how to support the overall strategic initiatives of the manufacturing site and the effective execution of the daily administrative processes, which enable the plant to operate at peak performance. Staffing, On-Boarding, Training and Development, Compensation and Benefits, and Positive Employee Relations are the key areas in which the incumbent functions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Shall adhere to all safety, health and environmental procedures, policies and practices, and ensures that all equipment is in safe operating condition and meets or exceeds OSHA Standards.
- Comply with all QMS / EMS procedures and work instructions as it pertains to the position description.
- Responsible for staffing of all hourly and salary non-managerial positions, which includes full circle recruiting activities through to the onboarding process: job description review, requisition and job posting creation, management of recruiting resources used for staffing, interview scheduling, resume review, administration and use of external job boards, offer letter creation, background checks, pre-employment drug screening and physicals, and conducting new hire/benefits orientations.
- Responsible for manpower planning and the coordination of contract labor services. This includes but is not limited to: managing percentage of temps to JAC employees in accordance with established targets, managing staffing needs relating to turnover and absenteeism, execute on labor standard requirements, and initiating temp conversions.
- Develops Materials and Methods for training of plant employees including such things as New Hire Basic Education, Operator Certification (Implementation , Audit, Record-keeping, etc), serves as course Director for programs of various internal training sessions, maintain the annual plant training calendar and facilitate logistics for training programs. Serves as trainer for various subjects relating to Human Resources practices. Maintain training records.
- Supports the implementation of Employee Involvement teams as a team training facilitator and as a Team Facilitator for a select group of teams. Assist teams to achieve targeted improvements. Maintain team activity and accomplishment records.
- Manages, administers, and maintains hourly attendance program for Saline facility, which includes; issuing disciplinary warnings, adjustment of points, and periodically auditing points in time and attendance system. Partners with Production Supervision team on employee communications and time exception management.
- Manages Employee Suggestion Program, which includes: overall communication plan and advertising of program, timely response to employee suggestions, partnering with appropriate cross-functions on suggestion awareness, communicating back to employee(s) on suggestions, and program communications/updates to functional managers and plant leadership.
- Lead the administration of all JAC offered benefits, which includes: benefit changes, new hire enrollments and employee significant event changes, short-term disability claims, benefit terminations, and benefit inquiries.
- Actively facilitates, as Course Director, the monthly Lean training known as the JAC Products Performance System (JPPS). Works with and leads the teams on implementation of continuous improvement activities; guides the team and prepares them for report out to Senior Leadership; coaches and counsels teams on implementation parameters, public speaking, partnering with internal resources, and working together as a team post-workshop.
- Leads HR portion of the Progressive Corrective Action process, which includes: coaching/counseling Production Supervisors on conversations with employees, retaining the PCA log with up-to-date information so as to correctly disposition the offense, supporting any ongoing investigation as appropriate, and maintaining all documentation in the appropriate employee file.
- Processes employment verifications on a weekly basis, supplying company-defined personal information on individual employees to outside banking institutions and other legally required sources.
- Responsible for training system documentation management
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all HR related metrics as they pertain to the JAC Operating System (JOS).
- Administration of the 401(k) Retirement and Saving Program, which includes; processing loan payoffs, hardships, new enrollments, contribution changes, terminations, etc.
- Responsible for the administration of the security program - employee access. Enters new associates on security system, makes badges, and assigns access rights.
- Leads all FMLA/STD management activities for all hourly employees
- Leads all Positive Employee Relations activities pertaining to special events, company-sponsored events, and employee-related events such as: retirements, employee recognition awards, and longevity awards.
- Supports HR Manager in various organization development activities including but not limited to: performance management, training needs identification, and organization behavior management.
- Executes all other tasks, responsibilities, or projects as assigned by Human Resources Manager.
- Foster and maintain a team-oriented working environment that allows for individual differences and provides for individual growth.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedure manuals and operating instructions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Basic computer skills, including P.C. knowledge and current technology software familiarity
- Excellent communication skills - both written & oral
- Excellent organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Knowledge of various HRIS
- Knowledge of state/federal employment laws
Note: Possession of a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required for all new hires in all positions.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management required
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
- Four (4) years of practical experience in Human Resources
- Two (2) years in a manufacturing/automotive setting
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to regularly stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel (air and ground)
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds, and occasionally lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration, repetitive motion, bending, lifting, twisting, crouching, reaching, pushing and/or pulling and high temperatures.
- Ability to control emotions under various levels of pressures, stress, and fast paced activities