Epic Applications Systems Analyst III-Cogito
Posted on Aug 10, 2019 by Legacy Health
Job ID: 19-8434
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Information Technology
System Office 1919 Building
Every aspect of what we do at Legacy reinforces our commitment to improve the lives of our staff, our patients and our visitors. Information Services is no exception. IS drives so much of what we do, and we look for experts in the field to lead the way. Do you have your finger on the pulse of information systems for business and health care? Can you analyze, build, test, support and maintain systems that will benefit our hospital system and those we serve? If so, we'd like to hear from you.
Cogito business analysts CBAs implement reporting content and analytics tools.
- Works with the business intelligence developers BIDs to identify and develop appropriate solutions for various reporting needs
- Reviews and approves existing Reporting Workbench templates and creates or modifies as needed to support Connect partners, while aligning to Legacy strategy and direction
- Works with reporting subject matter experts to identify the needs of report consumers
- Works with subject matter experts and business intelligence developers to design specifications for custom report requests and attempt to align to existing solutions(I'd like to minimize opportunity for customer requests and prefer to determine existing solutions that can be scaled to meet the needs, especially as we try to minimize Crystal reports)
- Designs, implements, and maintains an enterprisewide Reporting Workbench and Radar security policy (this is also too broad for a Connect specific position)
- Collaborates on the Cogito Catalog and associated metadata records
- May be Responsible for setting up inscope SlicerDicer data models and working with the BIDs to design custom filters per end user request
- Assists the principal trainer with developing training curriculum and training power reporting users.
- Identifies subject matter experts to attend reporting content design sessions
- Facilitates report content design and establishes report scope and prioritization
- Assists with translation of enduser workflowbased report requests to specific data points required for report development
- Facilitates requirements gathering for all extracts Creation and attempts to align to existing catalog
- Builds Radar dashboards for report consumers
- Builds Reporting Workbench reports, templates, and extracts for the application
- Develops reports and dashboards to support partner clinical and revenue initiatives longterm
- Creates data for report testing and ensures that all application dashboards and reports are tested
- Ensures that consumers are satisfied with reports and distribution tools
- Performs postlive volume testing and evaluates overall consumer happiness with reports
- Key competencies Familiarity with Epic reporting tools
- Familiarity with the Foundation System reports available for the applications they are working with
Bachelor's degree preferred. Relevant experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
5+ years of information technology experience in relevant healthcare or business area.
Has worked as an analyst in a healthcare setting, and/or in a relevant operational area for the position (i.e., Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, Revenue Cycle, etc.), and/or in an information technology role.
Highly knowledgeable about key concepts, current developments, and trends in information technology and information systems relevant to the position, including application configuration and layers, system integration, and database fundamentals.
Excels at performing systematic, thorough analysis and problem solving, and consistently initiates client problem resolution.
Strong understanding of system integration key concepts and technical protocols.
Excels at establishing, conceiving and describing systems, designs, flow charts, schedules, and requirements.
Strong interpersonal skills that promote effective working relationships with a wide range of people, including peers, clinicians, and senior leaders.
Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
LEGACY'S VALUES IN ACTION:
Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy's Values in Action.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled