Nuclear Scan Reader
Posted on Aug 10, 2019 by Amen Clinics, Inc.
Category Nuclear Medicine
Type Full-Time Regular
Amen Clinic is an outpatient health care clinic that has been providing mental wellness strategies to patients of all ages since 1989. We offer patient-first experiences and customized solutions to an array of behavioral and psychiatric conditions. Amen Clinics employs an array of healthcare professionals across our nationwide locations, including: psychiatrists, integrative physicians, nutritionists, therapists and wellness coaches. These practitioners have diverse educational backgrounds and specialties and are skilled at treating patients in the least harmful, most effective means possible. We use all the tools available to us to help make brain health happen. We believe that a better brain leads to a better life and that achieving our mission will help to prevent and alleviate suffering, not only for individuals, but also for generations of individuals.
A Nuclear Scan Reader for Amen Clinics (ACI) is a member of a team of specialists who are responsible for translating Tc99m (Ceretec) - HMPAO SPECT images of patients' brains into quantitative numerical values of hyper-profusion and hypo-profusion and qualitative findings, for clinical reporting purposes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluation of patient scans and submit in accordance to the evaluation schedule
- Must always maintain patient confidentiality per HIPAA regulations
- Provide proper records of reports and clinical operations
- Provide strong follow up communications concerning medical and technical issues through phone and/or e-mail
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Qualifications and Requirements:
- PA, NP, MD, or similarly credentialed medical professional, with a background in neuroanatomy, mental health and/or radiology.
- HIPAA Certified
Knowledge and Skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of neuroanatomy and behavioral sciences either by documented academic completion or clinical experience in Neurology, Neurosurgery or Psychiatry, or a combination thereof
- Understanding the basics of physics, chemistry, physiology and pharmacology necessary to succeed in our training program
- Commitment to spending the majority of practice interpreting scans on a computer screen
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Strong general computer skills including use of EMR systems and Outlook email
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines set by the administrator
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for long period of time
- Frequent typing and viewing of computer screen
- Frequent use of hand and fingers with machines, such as computer, copier, fax machine, scanner and telephone.
- Frequent hearing, listening and speaking in person
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop or bend
The work environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters white performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work indoors in temperature-controlled environment
- The noise level is usually moderate