Accounts Payable Team Manager
Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by CV-Library
Base Location: Eurocentral (Motherwell)
Salary: £31,972 - £42,224 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: Permanent- Full Time with Flexible working patterns available - 37 hours
About the Department
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSEs obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
What is the Role
The Accounts Payable Team Manager will be responsible for the processing and prompt payment of invoices and other payment requests across various Operating units.
They will manage a team of circa 9-12 which will include - Invoice verification and validation (including exception handling) telephony support & payment Processing.
The APTM will be one of the key escalation contacts for all invoice and payment issues and will be responsible for the successful onboarding of all change that results in efficiencies within the AP Operation and improvement to payment performance.
Work with the AP Management team to ensure risk to payment performance is minimised and be responsible for creating a team culture where change is embraced and sustained.
- The APTM is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Payment Performance Team
- Responsible for the training of the Payment Performance Team, ensuring consistent application of Standing Operating Procedures & managing user access for banking, eInvoicing and Oracle platforms.
- Responsible for maintaining Service Level Agreements (SLAs) & for the on-going management and resolution of aged creditors and banking reconciliation items & providing guidance, support and prompt resolution of payment issues.
- Maintaining strong and functional relationships with eInvoicing and banking providers & building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with key business stakeholders and their teams.
- Responsible for managing and assessing risk with the Payment Performance team
- Support P2P priorities by assisting the Business Relationship Manager (BRM) on the effective management of relationships with suppliers and key stakeholders, seeking collaborative working opportunities when appropriate
- Together with the AP Management team, actively seek ways of improving process efficiency & if required, be prepared to deputise for the Payment Performance Lead
- Ownership of Deputy Lead/Manager programme and succession planning
- Lead, motivate and develop the Payment Performance Team of circa 9-12 FTE
- Set DRs objectives and agree plans for their technical, soft skills and personal development, within the personal development framework.
What do I need?
Experience of managing a high performing Accounts Payable Team along with experience of working within a challenging, dynamic environment and a sound knowledge of the control environment required in an Accounts Payable function. Able to demonstrable experience in managing customers effectively, including a range of stakeholders and able to contribute positively to the overall direction of the Accounts Payable function
- Extensive knowledge of Accounts Payable procedures
- Extensive knowledge of UK and foreign VAT
- Experience of working within payments including experience of dealing with BACs, CHAPs, international payments and foreign currency transactions
- Able to influence positive behavioural change across the team
- Effective communicator with experience of raising awareness and educating others
- Analytical and Problem Solving
- Excellent organisational skills
- Time management & prioritisation
- Risk awareness and ability to manage and mitigate risk
- Advanced skills in all MS Office tools, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with Finance IT and payments systems (Preferred Oracle experience)
- High level of self-motivation with the ability to work within an environment subject to change
- Flexible attitude to working location and environment
- Ability and drive to deliver high quality work at pace
- Interpersonal skills to make positive business relationships
- Demonstrate flexibly and resilience whilst working in a fast-paced environment
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with myself -
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if its not safe, we don't do it.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees