Senior Accountant, External Reporting
Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by Univar Solutions
Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers' teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we're building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources - inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers' formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you'll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
Assist in the external reporting process by working on the preparation for 10Q/10K.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in preparation of quarterly and year-end consolidated financial statements and related footnotes
- Assists in XBRL tagging/review process during quarters and year-end
- Reviews accuracy and completeness of segment/subsidiary financial data submitted for reporting
- Assists in preparing annual goodwill impairment test for assigned reporting unit
- Assists with complex accounting issues in a multi-currency and multi-location environment
- Assist with technical accounting research and analysis and providing guidance to other groups within the company
- Takes an active role in the global consolidation and analysis process and interacts with local and foreign subsidiaries
- Assists with researching and assessing impact of updates to accounting pronouncements
- Takes responsibility for understanding and analyzing key balance sheet accounts from a consolidated perspective with understanding of underlying entity components
- Works within internal control guidelines and provides suggestions for improvement
- Assists in submitting census reports
- Provides financial information required by other groups within the company including Treasury, Legal, Tax and FP&A as needed
- Works with external auditors and preparing related PBC schedules
- Performs special projects and other related duties as assigned
- Assists with preparing/reviewing schedules for Investor Relations
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with broad group of users with different backgrounds and languages
- Accounting/finance background including understanding of external reporting and multiple currencies
- Ability to understand and develop alternative solutions for issues and concerns
- Able to use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work effectively with various levels of management
- Strong technical accounting research skills
- Accounting degree
- Minimum 3 years of work experience, including public accounting experience in audit (prefer experience working on large public companies)
- CPA preferred
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience using Hyperion software would be preferred
- Strong PC skills
- Office environment
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.