Senior Product Manager, Competitive Intelligence
Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by Wayfair
Wayfair is seeking an entrepreneurial product professional to assist in driving the development of our new, in-house Competitive Intelligence System that will guide mission-critical decisions across all major business functions. The mission of our Competitive Intelligence team is to define, gather, analyze and distribute intelligence about products and competitors to 1) enable market-based assessments of Wayfair's performance, 2) guide targeted, data-driven interventions and 3) track progress filling competitive gaps. This is a unique time and opportunity to build a completely new system from the ground-up, unhampered by Legacy technology, with the resourcing and executive support to establish a truly cutting edge, big data capabilities.
We are looking for a product manager with a passion for driving change in complex organizations, who deploys a pragmatic, quantitative, and analytical approach, is highly attuned to technology-driven solutions and process management, is unafraid of ambiguity, and is comfortable with working on complex problems alongside very high calibre peers in a roll-up-your-sleeves environment.
Working with a high performing cross-functional team, you will help drive the development of a component of the internal systems that acquires massive competitive data at scale, enables a large range of comparative analytics, and identifies the highest impact areas for improvement. The scope of impact is broad and ambitious; we want you to take pride and ownership in what you're building - a truly cutting edge Competitive Intelligence System unmatched in the industry.
What You'll Do :
- Contribute to an integrated and continually updated vision for Wayfair's Competitive Intelligence data acquisition applications
- Develop and maintain a well-defined roadmap of our competitive data acquisition
- Lead a team of product managers to drive product operations
- Work with cross-functional teams to align on downstream data flows to ensure competitive data is processed and utilized efficiently and effectively
- Conduct ad hoc data mining and analysis to better understand the performance of existing product features and opportunities for new product offerings
- Develop an ongoing stream of product innovations that improve KPIs related to the scale, scope, frequency, and reliability of competitive information to drive major business decisions
- Dev elop, contribute, and maintain documentation related to the product development life cycle
- Serve as internal subject matter expert for specific components of the Competitive Intelligence technology platform
- Identify and track success metrics to measure project performance related to product changes
- Surface key insights and make their impact obvious across the organization to support continuous improvement
- Develop relationships with and maintain regular communications with key stakeholders throughout the organization
What You'll Need :
- 4+ years of operations strategy, product management, business consulting, finance, or similar analytical roles
- Previous experience leading a product management team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; a track record of successful engagement of both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience in working with large datasets and leveraging data to drive actionable insights
- Strong technical skills to spearhead data analysis supporting the overall product and business strategy. The candidate will be excited to work with Business Intelligence tools, a variety of analytic techniques and analysing complex data to arrive at insightful conclusions
- Power-user status in Microsoft Excel/Powerpoint or Google Sheets/Slides
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.