Senior Staff Engineer - PHP Architect
Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by Wayfair
The mission of the Storefront PHP Decoupling team is to develop and execute a strategy to build an independent Storefront PHP platform to improve the developer experience and platform agility of the Storefront engineering team. Ultimately this team is supporting our efforts as we continue to support growth at scale in multiple dimensions: revenue ($1.9 billion in Q1 2019), volume (60,000,000+ monthly customers), and contributors (2,300+ people across our tech teams).
We're looking for a hands-on engineering leader to drive this decoupling initiative, forming the foundation upon which we will build the future of Storefront at Wayfair, increasing both the developer experience and deploy velocity for hundreds of engineers.
What You'll Do
- Be responsible for developing the strategy and key objectives for building Storefront's decoupled PHP platform
- Lead technical roadmaps, design, and implementation across multiple teams of high performing engineers
- Motivate and influence teams to buy into the platform decoupling vision and roadmap
- Work closely with engineering leaders across multiple teams: Storefront Engineering, Infrastructure, and Development Platforms
- Extensive experience developing, architecting, and scaling software systems
- Mastery of a Server Side programming language and its ecosystem (PHP preferred)
- Experience with some cloud migration, or some container adoption strategy
- Proficient in cross-functional consensus building and influencing without authority
- Demonstrated technical leadership capability with the ability to identify trade-offs and manage risks
- A computer science or engineering related degree with 8+ years of relevant industry experience, OR 12+ years of equivalent industry experience
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair is, and will be, home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.