P&C Claims Manager - Latent Liabilities
Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by Armour Risk Management, Inc.
Armour Risk Management, Inc. is a growing and dynamic business operating in the global insurance and reinsurance market, focusing on the United States, UK, Continental Europe, and Bermuda.
We operate in the Property & Casualty (P&C) market covering the non-life sector of the insurance market. The sector is highly diversified across over 150 different risk classifications. We work closely with institutional investors to a large fund made up of a number of leading blue chip investors, foundations and companies. We currently have offices in the US, Bermuda and the UK including Hamilton, Philadelphia, and London. We have ambitious expansion plans and look to recruit determined and enthusiastic people to our hard-working team.
The Insurance Claims Manager - Latent Liabilities role provides oversight to claims professionals handling latent liability claims (asbestos, environmental, etc.). Successful candidates will be responsible for both claim handling activities and operational matters associated with the latent claim team. Prior management experience is required. This position is located in our Quincy, MA office.
Key Tasks & Objectives
- Oversight and monitoring of quality control with respect to latent claims
- Manage claim expenses and indemnity payments
- Monitor closing activity, productivity and cycle time
- Strategize on complex and high exposure claims
- Assist in staffing of latent claim handling team
- Complete diary reviews
- Conduct periodic claim audits
- Closely monitor reserve adequacy
- Ensure utilization of appropriate cost containment measures to reduce overall claim costs
- Approve reserve transactions and settlements in excess of claim professional's authority levels
- Ensure compliance with best practices
Armour offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) with a generous match, and paid time off. Salary is commensurate with experience.