Certified Surgical Technician - Surgery - Apopka
Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by AdventHealth Greater Orlando
AdventHealth Apopka seeks to hire a Surgical Technician - Certified who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
The newly opened AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab. The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station. The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades.
Apopka's Surgical and Endoscopy Services will offer out-patient procedures in three suites supported by Pre-Admission Testing, Pre-operative and Recovery Areas. Our facility provides the latest minimally invasive equipment to allow our patients to have their procedure and recover in the comfortable surroundings of their own home, all in the same day. We support procedures for multiple specialties and pediatrics age 6 months or older. Our team of experienced Board Certified Anesthesiologists and certified Nurse Anesthetists, along with our highly-skilled Registered Nurses, provide confidence and exceptional care to our patients.
M-F ; 6:30am-3:00pm
.$5,000 Sign-on Bonus available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
Under general supervision, a surgical scrub technician/nurse assists with the patient care in surgery by performance of technical and other delegated duties. Functions as a member of the surgical team, as a scrub person by providing care to surgical patients of age specific groups identified in the unit standards of care (may include neonate to geriatric). Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Graduate from school of surgical technology, LPN program, RN program, or completion of a military training program that includes surgical technology skills.
- Experience in the clinical setting related to area of specialty (preferred)
- Ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
- SURH for 6801 -one year of experience in orthopedics and/or trauma surgery (Preferred)
- Basic skills and related to aseptic/sterile technique (Preferred)
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- LPN Program Graduates: Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- CST or CORT certification.
- Completion of an RN training program will be accepted in place of certification.
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program.
- Performs the role of surgical scrub by anticipating the needs of the surgeon and keeping the circulating nurse informed of any needs throughout a procedure. Ensures that all supplies, equipment, and medications are assembled prior to the procedure.
- Is innovative in maintaining high standards and quality in the facilitation of cost savings and containment.
- In an efficient and organized manner, assists team with safe and appropriate operating room turnover times. Directs ancillary personnel participating in room turnover. Provides assistance and support as needed to members of the surgical team.
- Supervises other healthcare team members in the surgical environment. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and the education of new personnel.
- Promotes a safe environment. Takes appropriate action in emergency situations, being aware of and controlling hazards which may endanger patients, visitors, and employees. Identifies and reports environmental concerns to the management team. Ensures adherence to appropriate regulatory standards and FH policy and procedure.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and performs hand washing according to policy. Strictly adheres to all infection control practices and diligently monitors aseptic technique of the entire surgical team. Takes immediate corrective action for breaks in technique.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department. Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Supports the customer and employee satisfaction activities of the organization. Maintains good relationships with physicians, management, other departments and staff. Investigates and responds to complaints in a timely manner.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Surgical Technician - Certified opportunity with AdventHealth Apopka and apply online today.
- Applicable experience required.
- Must live 50 or more miles from 601 East Rollins Dr., Orlando, FL to qualify.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
Surgical Technician, Certified, APK SURGERY, Apopka, CST