Medical Technologist, First Shift
Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by Covance
Covance Medical Technologist
Play a pivotal role in the drug development process and grow your career
Are you interested in making a real scientific impact through your everyday work? Would you enjoy working in a team-focused environment as you explore unique career opportunities?
If you are looking for a company where you can gain exposure to a wide variety of science and explore a multitude of career paths across the drug development spectrum, consider working at Covance as a Medical Technologist. In this role, you will perform laboratory tests, procedures, experiments, and analysis to provide data, as specified, for required in clinical research protocols.
You will also be expected to:
- Resolve technical specimen issues in preparation for analysis and specimen storage and routine and non-routine assay problems
- Ensure the validity of test results through the performance of established quality assurance and quality control procedures
- Perform experiments, as scheduled, for evaluation of new Calibrator and QC lots
- Receive, open and place in service all reagents and materials according to SOPs
- Perform testing, needed to ensure validity of material, prior to being placed into service
This position is located out of our Indianapolis, Indiana facility. Relocation assistance is available.Education/Qualifications
What we're looking for...
Medical Technologists are the most successful at Covance with:
- A Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Lab Science, Chemical, Physical, or Biological Sciences; or a combination of education, training, and experience
- A minimum of 1 year of related lab experience or a combination of education, training, and experience will be considered
- ASCP certification highly preferred
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize, and manage a workload for large and complex projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with excellent attention to detail
Individual must qualify as testing personnel under one of the following CLIA 1988 and New York State Department of Health requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science or other life science with completion of at least a 12-month training program in Medical Technology
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical or biological science from an accredited college or university and one year of training and/or experience in the specialty in which testing is to be performed. Such training must be equivalent to that received in a school of Medical Technology
- 90 semester hours from an accredited institution that include the following: 1) 16 semester hours of biology courses, which are pertinent to the medical sciences 2) 16 semester hours of chemistry (at least 6 semester hours of Inorganic Chemistry) 3) 3 semester hours of math. Completed an accredited clinical laboratory training program, or one year documented laboratory training or experience in the specialty that testing is to be performed
- Associate's degree in medical laboratory technology
Thrive personally and professionally at Covance
Benefit from our experience generating more clinical trial data than any other central laboratory in the world. You'll gain exposure to our cutting-edge automated testing systems and advanced technologies while conducting tests that help advance life-changing medicines.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package. This includes 21 days of personal time off, 7 paid holidays, medical and dental insurance as well as tuition reimbursement, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, along with short and long-term disability and life insurance.
Why Medical Technologists choose to work at Covance
- Make a direct impact in the lives of patients
- Access to a variety of studies and top notch laboratory instrumentation
- Exposure to a fast-paced global testing environment
- Partner with and learn from supportive colleagues and industry leaders
- Open up new opportunities for career growth
Get to know Covance
Covance, the drug development business of LabCorp, is the world's most comprehensive drug development services company. Because of our broad experience, from early research to commercialization, our more than 20,000 employees from across the globe are in a unique position to supply insights that go above and beyond testing. Our team's impact on healthcare is remarkable. Through their everyday work they've supported 100% of the top 50 drugs on the market and all the oncology drugs approved in 2016. And, because we span the drug development spectrum, you'll directly impact a wide-range of initiatives as you explore unique career paths and discover your extraordinary potential.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.