Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by Experis - Babcock International
Business Unit - DST
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Project Assistant to support the Dreadnought PMO at Ashton House, working under the line management of Project Manager to deliver key output/project. For PMO Admin core competency delivery includes supervised support to: resource management (people, facilities, material), risk management, stakeholder management and change management]. The incumbent will be responsible for Cost Bridge, IBP, IFS, among other responsibilities under supervision and supporting a team of 40 people.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing administrative support to the project team(s) to assist in the management and reporting of project resources, risk, opportunity and issues
- Providing administrative support to the management of the business Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and Business Management System (BMS) (ie. AGILITY PM Process)
- Supporting project stakeholder management and communications
- The collation and production of project data and reports to support project governance and reporting arrangements
- The creation of demand to the supply chain (eg requisitioning, and invoice receipting)
- Managing, maintaining and updating of project documents - including cost bridge, work instructions etc
- Providing adhoc project administration to the wider Design & Build
- The management and updating of consolidated master schedule
- Creating local project process and templates
- The management and upkeep of IFS projects - (at an absolute minimum, creating and amending activity codes, but knowledge of WBS, activity reporting, and requisition knowledge would be useful)
- Supporting the implementation of normal project governance and reporting procedure
- Contributing to the delivery of strategic business objectives. The management and maintenance of risk register
- The management and Maintenance of Dreadnought Programme and Design & Build Sharepoint sites
- Providing support to the Spend Management process to help control costs and present actual and forecasted spend performance
- The management and reporting of Programme KPIs.
What do I need to do the role?
You will need to hold an APMP Introductory Certificate
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
- National Diploma in Business Admin (Level 4) or similar
- Competent in MS Office including MSP
What else do I need to know?
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.
Closing date: 16th August 2019
£28k - £35k Annual
£18k - £22k Annual
£28k - £35k Annual
£24k - £24k Annual