Dentist-Pedodontist - Anniston
Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by DentaQuest
At DentaQuest and its entities, Sarrell Regional Dental Center, Community Care of Kentucky, Community Dental Center, and Dental Health Services, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system - from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Are you committed to providing quality, patient-centered care? Would you like to be part of a practice to deliver that care for Alabama's underserved children with a focus on consistent preventative care? Would you prefer being able to focus on patient care, while robust business and administrative support (IT, HR, Finance, Compliance, etc.) are provided for you?
Our Anniston practice has an opening for a Pedodontist to join our team of talented professionals dedicated to our mission to improve the oral health of all.
Sarrell Dental Center, a non-profit for Alabama's children, serves Medicaid patients in 15 practices throughout Alabama. In 2013, Sarrell Dental affiliated with DentaQuest, a leading oral health company and the largest Medicaid dental program administrator in the country. DentaQuest is driven by a mission to improve the oral health of all, to achieve a nation free of dental disease, a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay, where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives and where every person has access to quality dental care.
Our ideal candidate is highly skilled, team-oriented, has a great attitude and loves working with kids! We offer a competitive daily rate and comprehensive benefits that include a retirement plan and paid time off. As part of our commitment to attract and retain top talent, we offer a sign-on bonus that can be used as relocation assistance.
What You'll be Doing:
- Providing and managing dental diagnostic and treatment procedures and other care, with an emphasis on preventative care and education for children ages 1 - 20.
- Prescribing medications and treatment regimens as necessary for the individual's oral condition and consistent with the medical history.
- Referring individuals to dental specialists, physicians, and other healthcare providers as appropriate.
- Participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention and risk assessments, as needed.
What we Require:
- Current licensure of the state in which practice applying for is located.
- 2 or more years in practice after dental school, and/or completion of an accredited General Practice Residency, Advanced Education in Pedodontics, or dental specialty program, preferred.
- Current CPR certification including training in the use of automated external defibrillators.
- Embraces and practices patient-centered care through effective communication with patients and development of individualized treatment programs that incorporate the patient's desires and needs.
- Continuing education of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of dental evaluations, diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise. Stays current regarding relevant drugs, medications, and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids, including, but not limited to, appropriate dosage and patients' directions for correct usage.
- Maintains quality, safety, and infection control standards.
- Knowledge of community based dental practices.
- Fosters a cooperative and fun work environment.
- Knowledge of and commitment to legal and ethical standards for the delivery of dental care.
If you'd like to join our mission to Improve the Oral Health of All, apply here or contact us
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
* In accordance with DentaQuest's Compliance Plan, employee must conduct DQ business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or DQ's Compliance Officer..*
DentaQuest's Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program.