ERP Support Analyst
Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by Hampton Roads Transit
The ERP Support Analyst will maintain support for security and workflow configuration across agency's ERP applications which presently includes PeopleSoft HCM, PeopleSoft Financials and Microsoft Dynamics D365.
Support to include primary point of contact for security and workflow configuration, reviewing, documentation, certification, process improvements, troubleshooting and username/password issues. Position also will provide support for special projects, ERP testing, reporting, system monitoring and other related assignments. Position requires excellent customer service skills. Position also requires strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with technical and business functional users to comprehend requirements for projects. Responsibilities to also include testing and working with users to roll out projects.
Essential Job Functions: (Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
Must be technically oriented (good problem solving and troubleshooting skills), exhibit excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), superior customer service skills, are self-motivated and self-directed, good multi-tasking skills, quality oriented, flexible, and committed to successful on-time completion of tasks.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain application security configuration across applications
- Maintain workflow approval configuration across applications
- Provide username and password support for applications
- Create and maintain documentation for all Application Security and Workflow procedures
- Assist with training as needed to staff for initial system access.
- Create and maintain training documentation as needed.
- Gather requirements for assigned tasks to design, build(configure) and test of production fixes and enhancements.
- Perform projects and other related assignments as needed.
- Perform re-certification for system access per policy.
- Perform audit support tasks as assigned
- Provide support for ERP team devices to include troubleshooting, quarterly reviews and patching.
- Create reports as requested to assist in monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Create requested documentation; in a manner that is consistent with company standards and procedures;
- Must be able to communicate effectively with business users
- Must be able to respond to requests to username and password issues in a manner that ensures customer satisfaction
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT's EMS
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT's Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
- 2+ years PeopleSoft Application Security experience
- Ability to logically troubleshoot technical problems. Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of the systems development life cycle
- Ability to quickly learn and support new application processes and/or procedures
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage work and maintain focus on assigned tasks
- Ability to consistently follow through on assigned tasks and meet deadlines
- Must have strong writing skills and be able to create test scripts, procedures, training documentation etc.
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong focus on quality and customer satisfaction
- Both self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with end-users, technical team members and management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows products (Excel, Word, Access)
- Proficient with of Adobe Pro to maintain forms
Training and/or Education: Minimum requirements include an Associate's degree from a two-year accredited college in Business Administration, Information Systems, or a related field; or equivalent combination education and experience.
- 2+ years' PeopleSoft Security experience
- 3+ years' experience or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in providing operations support, quality customer service and troubleshooting capability. Minimum 2 years of experience in computer troubleshooting.
- 2+ years with ERP system solutions
- 2+ years' experience using SQL to develop custom reports
Licenses or Certificates: Virginia Driver's License
Special Requirements: This position is classified as essential personnel. FLSA Status: Exempt
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires high-speed operation of keyboard devices. Also requires lifting and transferring of computer equipment as needed.
Unusual Demands: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis.