Senior Data Power Engineer
Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Sr. Data Power Engineer
- Support DataPower and other SOA/Web Service technologies up to and including production environment
- Participate in API design and integration sessions
- Lead cross functional teams in support of initiatives and enterprise level projects. A Sr. Middleware Engineer is expected to be able to plan for and lead other technical engineers in the delivery of an enterprise solution. Understand how other technologies (network, security and databases) impact and contribute to an overall enterprise level solution.
- Partner with Engineers, Administrators, Architects, Developers and Project Managers to plan and implement applications.
- Responsible for providing 24/7 on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
- Generate reports for the DataPower platform for error, capacity and traffic analysis
- Perform day-to-day maintenance for company owned DataPower appliances
- Provide input and recommendations for architectural improvements
- Install, Configure, troubleshoot and deploy applications in an enterprise Middleware (WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, Node.js, etc.) environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- 4+ years of experience supporting current IBM DataPower appliance technologies
- 6+ years of experience working with Java application delivery systems (WebLogic, JBOSS, Tomcat, and/or WebSphere.) is required.
- 6+ years of experience supporting web based delivery systems (Apache and/or IIS) is required.
- 2+ years of experience designing and supporting Web Services Standards and Technologies (XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, DDI, REST, etc.)
- Experience designing and supporting Cloudera Hadoop Ecosystem (or similar Big Data Infrastructure).
- Experience working with key office automation tools such as Visio, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience utilizing application monitoring tools such as APM, App Dynamics, and OEM.
- Able to design and build REST/SOAP Web Service API's
- Able to create request transformation policies and scripts within DataPower environments
- Experience designing infrastructure and supporting applications in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment.
- Experience developing and implementing Role-Based Security Models for Middleware environments including integration with enterprise Identity Management services (LDAP) providers.
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to (see below)