SQL DBA Specialist
Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
SQL DBA Specialist
- Develops database architectures that incorporate new features of (SQL Server, Oracle and/or Epic Cache) and OS software. Identifies strategic directions, creates high level plans, and develop project plans to implement the new strategies.
- Architect, design, install, create architecture documentation, and performs operational support for all database environments (currently over 500 databases).
- Architect zero data loss and high availability database environments for mission critical applications.
- Assists application development teams in working with databases, planning and implementing production changes and assisting with query optimization. Responsible for analysing and translating business information (data) and technical requirements into solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Creates enterprise data architecture, works with application and infrastructure teams to produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for projects.
- Creates project plans for complex projects and monitors and reports project status. Maintains a log of issues and coordinates activities to resolve them.
- Implements and performs capacity planning, performance monitoring and reporting processes.
- Develops maintenance and backup procedures, change control processes and operational documentation.
- Lead database development projects and advise management and users on new or optimal technologies or methods to improve the functionality and/or efficiency of the organization's databases.
- Implements and performs proactive system monitoring to ensure high-availability and performance.
- Performs ongoing performance tuning and optimization activities.
- Is able to work independently to organize work that includes system implementations, projects and production support.
- Expert knowledge in database (SQL Server, Oracle or Epic Cache) with certification being desired.
- 8+ years plus of database administration experience with at least two technical platforms including (MS SQL Server, Oracle and/or Cache).
- 5+ years' experience working with large databases.
- 7+ years' experience with backup and recovery strategies and procedures
- Experience in performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability configuration
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: