Audiovisual Support Technician
Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by Thompson Hine LLP
We are seeking a Full time Audiovisual Support Technician in our downtown Cleveland office. This position is responsible for all aspects of audiovisual (A/V) enterprise services provided by the Firm. This will include planning, setup and operating video teleconferences, and maintaining and providing instruction in use of all of the A/V equipment This individual will ensure all A/V equipment is properly configured prior to events, advise participants in those meetings on the proper use of equipment (where appropriate), and will operate equipment for the majority of meetings and for special events.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates, tests, setup, and assists with all A/V conference room meetings.
- Maintains all A/V equipment, including maintenance contracts and repair services.
- Provides instruction in the use of the center's A/V equipment and operates A/V equipment for the majority of meetings and all special events.
- Provides audio/video recording services as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining the inventory of A/V supplies and equipment.
- Provide technical support on installed products as required.
- Set up, testing, operation, and tear down of video conference equipment, if required for events. Ensure equipment is stored appropriately.
- Support new software loads.
- Perform annual A/V equipment refresh.
- Coordinate internal video recordings and post final videos to the firm's Intranet/Portal/website.
- Download/edit/convert audio files or videos as requested and troubleshoot as needed.
- Perform Help Desk related tasks and assist with projects as assigned.
- Adapt to new technologies and/or add new job duties as directed.
Qualified candidates will have a two year degree or equivalent and 5 years of experience in a support position or an A/V technician role. Candidate must have a diverse working knowledge of Video Conference systems and protocols. Must also have the ability to prioritize tasks based on circumstantial situations and the ability to handle tasks under pressure. Strong oral and communication skill are required. Excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette are mandatory.