Head of Technology
Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by Sky Betting & Gaming
As Head of Technology, you'll be responsible for the end-to-end delivery and 24/7 support of software products and services that enable our operational teams to engage with or manage our customers across all of our major products and brands via websites and mobile applications.
You will manage a team of architects, developers, testers, business analysts, delivery leads and service managers whilst working closely with product owners, marketing, finance, 3rd party software providers and other tribes to prioritise, plan and deliver high quality solutions.
Our investment in customer contact technology such as Salesforce is allowing our teams to surge forward in evolving the customer experience. The ideal candidate will have significant experience within an agile environment, using Scrum and Kanban methodologies, will have excellent communication and relationship building skills, and will have an understanding of CRM Platforms such as Salesforce and good practices when engineering on top of or around those tools. A passion for delivering innovative, customer obsessed products, while keeping an eye on the benefit these bring to the business is key.How you'll do it…
- Leading the people managers within the tribe to understand how to energise people, thinking about Motivation, Performance, Learning and Development, Community of practices
- Working with our People Experience team, HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition teams to understand the skills and people needed for the tribe to on-board new talent
- Attract and hire key talent, and support your team in hiring the best people
- Work with the Service and Operational Management functions within your tribe and across the business to ensure a strong focus is maintained on service quality and reliability
- Establish or own out-of-hours support rotas for critical services
- Using Error budgets and Growth Trends for key technical services to identify areas of focus, and position the deliverables with the Lead Product Manager for your tribe
- Manage third party software/service providers to ensure products are fit for purpose, are delivered to a high quality and represent value for money. Ensure appropriate SLAs and relationships are in place with these suppliers
- Advocate the right metrics for tribe - (technology KPIs) velocity, quality and service delivery and ensure technical reporting is issued to key stakeholders
- Work with product and marketing stakeholders to agree and prioritise the roadmap for your tribe. Do this in a clear, consistent and transparent way based on appropriate criteria, e.g. WSJF, and show technical and product benefits
- Ensure a delivery focus is maintained and work with your team to highlight issues, dependencies and risks to plans and give effective reporting of progress
- Contribute to or review significant technical design, technology choice, and architecture decisions to ensure that the most appropriate solutions are being built
- Ensure fit for purpose engineering practices and pipelines are in place for each technical service / product within the tribe
- Manage the requirements, design, development, quality and release of software solutions
- Ensure quality throughout the delivery lifecycle using the technology principles as a guide
Strategy & Communication
- Support the Product team in effective communication of the roadmap and progress against the 3 year business plans, include the technology strategy objectives to your tribe and other stakeholders
- Own and evangelise the tribe's technical strategy, and ensure we're making the right decisions
Governance & Planning
- Ensure effective management of internal & external risk and threats are appropriately prioritised within your tribe
- Ensure Technology decisions and presented within the Tribe's Technology Steering Groups, highlighting trade-offs and benefits against the 3-year plan and technology strategy
- Own the security and compliance position for your team, and drive for engineering excellence
- Work with the Core and Tech management teams to identify areas for cost reduction and opportunities for increased investment
- Oversee contract renewals for technical services within the tribe
- Ensure appropriate ratios of contractor to perm staff
An environment where teams feel like family and everyone works together as one team to achieve your shared vision.
Helping you be a master in your domain is critical to our company's success: that's why we have "10% L&D time" just for you. This means that Friday afternoons are your time to learn whatever you decide you need to stay at the top of your game.
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at.Mon to Fri - Standard