Senior Safety Manager
Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by TSS Solutions Ltd
telent- Senior Safety Manager
Are you passionate about Health and Safety? Are you looking to join an accomplished team working on large scale projects? telent are looking for a Senior Safety Manager to join their Transport team in our Warwick Head office.
Who is telent?
telent is a technology partner to some of the biggest names in the rail sectors including London Underground, Network Rail and Transport for London providing maintenance and management of our customers assets to ensure continued and reliable service is maintained for their critical communications infrastructure.
You'll be responsible for:
- Ensuring all HSE legislation and best practices are recognised and that all relevant policies are adopted within the business
- Planning, implementing, monitoring and reviewing the protective and preventative measures that are identified by hazard analysis and risk assessment processes
- Reviewing Quality Management Plans, Environment Management Plans, Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Providing incident investigations
- Carrying out site inspections and audits in accordance with the audit schedules
- Advising delivery teams on safe systems of work and industry best practices
- Promoting a positive and efficient QEHS culture
- Producing management reports for various stakeholders.
- Holding toolbox talks, producing newsletters and distributing industry bulletins
- Training both internally and externally where required
What do you need to apply?
- Long standing experience within a Rail environment
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- PTS/ICI competencies
- A recognised Lead Auditor qualification (BSI/LRQA)
- The contract will last for 3 months initially
- Typical hours of work are 37.5 hours per week Monday-Friday, 8.30am-4.30pm
- This role is a senior role with minimal site works therefore would be suitable for an academic safety professional
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.