Application Support Analyst
Posted on Aug 8, 2019 by CV-Library
Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:
Intelligent – we make the right choices
Involved – our enthusiasm creates energy
Innovative – we always ask what’s next
Our business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile
Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people’s lives.
We’re as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers’ services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.
Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.
We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.
Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.
Working closely with our customers – the service providers – we define people’s needs today and in the future – and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.
Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.
We’re proud of the role we play, improving people’s lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we’re going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF ROLE
To work as part of an on-site client facing team at Reading Borough Council , resolving application support issues raised for a variety of application solutions and related software components. To ensure support issues are handled using ITIL best practice service processes in an efficient and effective manner via communication or negotiation with the Customers, Partners, and Northgate Public Services.
* Provide technical assistance, application support, usage advice and guidance to Northgate Public Services customers and third parties;
* Demonstrate good in depth knowledge of application environments with an ability to pick up application support issues and working towards Service Level Agreements;
* Investigating, diagnosing system faults and errors to resolve technical issues.
* Management of case management and reporting systems.
* Creation of SQL scripting
* Understand the contractual commitments in place with Northgate’s customers and ensure incidents/problems are resolved within contracted Service Level Agreements;
* Translate customer requirements to provide workarounds and fixes to a wide range of customer problems;
* Implement technical support procedures and produce accurate documentation;
* Deliver a pro-active support service and have a general understanding of the Incident Management techniques in line with ITIL Best Practice.
CORE COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
* Demonstrable experience working within a similar role.
* Strong SQL server knowledge with the ability to generate and manipulate SQL scripts to query and manage database content.
* Experience with SSRS, SSIS and SSMS are preferred.
* Excellent communication skills to ensure the issues the customer is experiencing are understood and the ability to fully explain resolutions and workarounds in writing or in person with a goal to deliver excellent customer service.
* Experience dealing with incident management and maintaining customer expectations and satisfaction.
* Be familiar with Case management systems and reporting;
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment, adhering to deadlines within a fast paced setting.
* To accurately monitor and maintain records within database.
DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
* Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and associated applications;
* Knowledge of or experience with PowerBI is desirable.
* BizTalk experience or knowledge is also desirable however not essential.
* ITIL v3 Foundation certificate and experience of working for/with the Public Sector;
* Active Directory knowledge;
* Understanding of ICT security
* Business Objects and Case management software experience an advantage.
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
* Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
* 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
* 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
* A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
* A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
* The role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. A Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check will be required and dependent on the role further checks may be required.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£25k - £30k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual