Senior Financial Accountant
Posted on Aug 8, 2019 by Alexander Mann Solutions - Nationwide Contingent
Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
A Financial Accountant is required to be part of a project to review, improve and remediate reconciliations of nominal ledger balances.
Maintain a log of all reconciliations being reviewed, progress and actions.
Review reconciliations to understand their purpose and ensure appropriate supporting evidence is in place and reconciling items are investigated and actioned on a timely basis.
Deliver revised reconciliations back to the operational teams in a clean position with desk top procedures to enable the reconciliation to be completed and maintained on an ongoing basis.
Report progress to manager on a regular basis.
Liaise with other areas of the business to obtain appropriate information for the reconciliations or corrective action to clear outstanding items.
- Reporting to a project manager for the exercise.
- Responsible for the delivery revised reconciliations back to the BAU team.
Your skills and experience:
- Strong financial accounting background with experience of reconciliations and a deep understanding of what a quality reconciliation looks like.
- Length of experience - 5 years plus experience - working as a Financial Accountant
- You will need to be hands-on, doing rather than managing - preparing rather than reviewing
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- High degree of flexibility.
- Good level of problem solving skills and ability to work within tight deadlines.