PMO Analyst/Project Manager
Posted on Aug 8, 2019 by SLR Dynamics
SLR are looking for a strong PMO Analyst/Project Manager with a good understanding of telecoms industry to support the internal delivery, finance and innovations teams.
The successful candidate will be pro-active with excellent organisational skills and good stakeholders' engagement. Working with a fast-growing Innovative Managed Services company currently accelerating Tier 1 Telco and Enterprise customers on their journey in adopting emerging technologies within various technology domains.
At SLR Dynamics, we rely on our unquestionable integrity, collaboration, commitment and trust to ensure long term relationships with our employees and clients. We are restless innovators driving technical excellence with a strong DNA of customer success in mind.
The successful candidate will manage all PMO functions, add value to the organisation and support internal teams with planning, reporting, work order creation, demand and capacity management, ensuring all purchase orders are in place before work commences. You will be involved from scoping and planning of potential work during pre-sales stage to forecasting, working closely with Finance team to ensure all milestones have been completed and processed correctly as well as HR in resource management. In addition, you will be part of the team on the emerging technologies journey.
The role requires a self-starter to work independently whilst supporting others. The person will be required to prioritise, attention to details and multi-task on a regular basis.
As a key member of the company's infrastructure, you will challenge others appropriately, drive best practice and governance across the organisation and supporting the organisation and senior management team with reporting and delivery updates as required.
The successful candidate will be able to evidence experience in;
- Project Management, applying variety of approach such as Waterfall, V-Model and Agile
- Covering essential elements such as planning, estimation, contract, etc of Project Management
- PMO services into multiple projects and programmes/portfolios (ideally domains within the Telco industry) from infant stage onwards.
- Governance adoption and implementation aligning to ISO9001:2015 requirements
- Procurement process/Lifecyle
- Experience working as a PMO in consultancy service and/or supplier services
- Understanding the different elements within a project life cycle, preferably different type of professional services from a supplier perspective
- Customer engagement and internal stakeholder's management
- Formulate plan - especially production of Estimation Plan and produce Work Orders for new and existing work request
- Support Account Managers, including client meetings, analysis reporting as required and contribute ideas on work requests
- Manage and provide support to the internal PPM tool (KeyedIn) and other tools such as SharePoint and Salesforce
- Perform demand and capacity management and ensure interlinks with resource management
- Support Finance Team in monthly forecasting cycle and time sheet management
- To support management of Purchase Orders and payment process
- Deputise the Head of Operations during absence
- Perform data analysis, reconciliation of data and produce Management Information as required
- Support the maintenance of the Governance Handbook and improvement to standard templates and user guides, contribute to ensuring the company work to best practice and governance controls and provide support to tools as defined in the Governance Handbook
- Be part of the team for ISO activities such as internal audit and yearly external audit
Qualifications and Technical requirements:
The ideal candidate will have;
- PMP/Prince 2 Certifications (ideally with PMO certifications)
- PMO, Portfolio, Programme and Project Management Methodology especially Agile
- Good exposure to PPM tool (KeyedIn will be advantage)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications with excellent MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- SharePoint (structuring and administration an advantage)
- Salesforce (or similar CRM tool)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills
- Experience building relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Process and detailed orientated
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Creative thinking with problem solving mindset
To apply for this role please send your CV to (see below)