Psychologist - School
Posted on Aug 8, 2019 by Preferred Healthcare Staffing
Location: Medford, OR
Job ID: 29512
Start Date: 2019-08-19
End Date: 2020-06-18
Description Job Summary:
A school district in the Medford, OR area is looking for Psychologists to join their team for an assignment for the 2 school year with the possibility to extend.
Psychologist who work for Preferred Healthcare are uniquely qualified members of school teams that support students' ability to learn and teachers' ability to teach. They apply expertise in mental health, learning, and behavior, to help children and youth succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally.
For more information call or apply by sending a resume copy to ! Preferred Healthcare offers competitive salary and the best benefits in the industry.
• Psychological evaluation, in which Psychologists employ those instruments for which they are exclusively trained.
• Primary facilitator of special education evaluations and reevaluations.
• Facilitation of decisions around program needs for special services students transferring into the district.
• Consultation with district staff, patrons and other professionals around psycho-educational issues impacting all students.
• Consultation regarding placement decisions for special needs students.
• Compilation of supporting evaluation paperwork, as related to evaluation data by the School Psychologist.
• Facilitation of transportation arrangements as appropriate for students transferring into the district with previous special education concerns.
• Share District Representative role with other professionals.
• Active State License
• BLS/CPR Certification
• Master's degree
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Initial or Continuing Certification in School Psychology.
• Training and experience in the administration of cognitive, academic, adjustment, and adaptive evaluation instruments.
• Training and experience in the interpretation of cognitive, academic, adjustment, and adaptive evaluation results.
• Successful experience leading building-based problem solving and evaluation teams.
• 6 months of experience within the last 5 years
What We Offer:
• Competitive pay package
• Comprehensive training
• Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) matching
• Retirement planning and savings options
• Continuing Education reimbursement
• Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve
• Payed holidays and school break
Best Benefits Position
Preferred Healthcare Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer -Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability.
We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law.