Multimedia Sales Consultant
Posted on Aug 8, 2019 by Lee Enterprises
Capital Newspapers, publisher of the Wisconsin State Journal, The Cap Times, and Madison website , and an award-winning media company in Madison, is seeking a Media Sales Consultant to join our talented sales team. If you are an experienced sales professional with a can-do attitude, and motivated by uncapped earning potential, this is the position for you!
The successful candidate will have an established book of business, and along with a strong focus on new business development, be charged with growing revenue through a consultative selling approach. You will be armed with a vast array of industry-leading products that reach our print and digital audiences and beyond, so that you are able to meet the advertising and marketing needs of every client.
- Establish and build solid business relationships with existing accounts to grow advertising revenue
- Heavy prospecting to build and maintain sales leads and relationships
- Develop, negotiate, and close new business sales
- Manage contracts, proposals, and media campaigns to ensure customer satisfaction
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field OR 2+ years of sales experience with proven, measurable results in new business development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excel at conducting needs analysis and developing comprehensive solutions based on customer information
- Experience building and managing a prospect database
Capital Newspapers offers:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurances
- 401k with company match
- Vacation, personal, and sick time
- Free print subscription to the Wisconsin State Journal and free digital subscription to Madison.com for all employees
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: The Capital Newspapers organization is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to maintaining a workforce that accurately reflects our audience and expands our voice.
Pre-employment background and drug screenings apply