Posted on Aug 8, 2019 by CV-Library
This role requires a good understanding of purchasing processes for precision electro-mechanical components and assemblies and an ability to communicate effectively with customers, subcontractors and the in-house manufacturing / production / engineering teams. In addition they will have a solid understanding of the principles of material planning. The successful candidate will have a keen attention to detail combined with an ability to consistently work to a high standard. In addition they will have a strong desire to drive improvement in a team environment. Familiarity with vacuum technology is desired (though not essential), perhaps gained through a similar role in the sub-contract manufacturing, aerospace or analytical instrument sectors.
Responsible to: Purchasing, Inventory & Logistics Manager
* Evaluates supplier quotes and services to determine the most desirable suppliers.
* Is responsible for procurement of new material requirements from existing and potentially new suppliers
* Plans, buys and monitors raw materials to support engineering projects and secures pipeline to support production at product release
* Ensures that problems relating to delivery, quality or pricing are promptly communicated to the supplier and resolved in a timely manner or escalated as per standard procedures
* Manages communication of any order revisions to external suppliers, providing change information and revised drawings as necessary
* Monitors supplier order acknowledgments and ensures that system status is maintained accordingly
* Manages overdue PO KPI’s, stock outs due to procurement, hours downtime due to procurement, supplier returns (Quality), procurement cycle time
* Maintains the data integrity of purchase orders and reconciles discrepancies between purchase order receipts and accounts payable
* Represents the supply chain on cross functional new product development teams through all phases of the Product Development Process (PDP)
* Drives cost reduction activities in procurement
* Monitors supplier order acknowledgements and ensures that status is maintained accordingly in current ERP system
* Monitors and Manages Material at Subcon progress details
You must have a manufacturing/engineering background, be famliar with multi level BOM's and be able to read basic engineering drawings