CNC Operator - Bespoke Furniture & Joinery
Posted on Aug 7, 2019 by Recruitment Genius
Their Head Office which incorporates the residential design studio and workshop is based in Penn Street near Amersham, with a satellite office in Central London to manage commercial projects.
They are excited to be recruiting a CNC Operator to join their growing workshop team based in Penn Street.
No previous experience is required, full training will be provided.
The ideal candidate will exhibit a high level of attention to detail, be able to work alongside a team of highly experienced cabinet makers and go above and beyond to deliver high-quality bespoke furniture.
The role will include but not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Produce machined components to the specification of technical drawings and production planning.
- Set up and operate a CNC machine.
- Maintain a high level of quality.
- Complete paperwork and maintain records, ready to handover.
- Maintain the CNC machine work area, tools and equipment.
- Adjust and reprogram controls as per the job requirements.
- Adhere to company health and safety regulations, including the wearing of PPE.
- Flexible approach to working hours to ensure deadline are met.
- Available to occasionally work overtime (overtime rates paid).
Desirable Skills & Traits:
- Demonstrate a keen willingness to learn from scratch and strive for continuous development.
- Have good levels of concentration and attention to detail.
- Be comfortable lifting goods.
- Able to cope with a busy and demanding work-load.
- Happy to work as part of a team.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Be enthusiastic and energetic in their approach.
They are looking for a candidate to make this role their own and take ownership of all aspects of company CNC machine operations.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £20k to £22k - Negotiable, plus other benefits, including work clothes and a contributory pension scheme.